Lumen weird black halo with the use of sun

Hi everyone,

I’m making a forest scene and I have come across the problem of weird black halo appearing around the sun rays hitting a surface. But that appears around static meshes too if you look at them with the sky behind them, and also if you look at the sun itself it has some weird black halo around it. It seems like some high contrast shadowing around and in the sun rays because shadows casted by the sun also appear too black on the table. I have tried to disable the post process volume but that doesn’t fix the issue. Anyone else had this problem before?

same issue. found any solution ??

I haven’t found a real solution for this but I figured out what causes the problem. It is based in Post Process Volume - Lens - Local Exposure. If you tune down Highlight Contrast Scale a lot then the difference between highlighted and non-highlighted surfaces is too large and that is causing the problem. What helped me a lot is to play around with the seetings for Highlight Contrast scale and Shadow contrast scale along with tweaking the Blurred Luminance Blend to get the desired look. It’s not a perfect solution with a perfect result but you can tweak the settings to get the approximate look that you want. Plus you can play with Directional Light intensity to add more look variations and find a middle point where it looks as close as you want it to