LPV reflectd light go through wall

I have a scene with a hollow box with a hole and movable directional light. Box walls are 64cm thick. LPV bias is 2, other parameters are default. The light enters the box then is reflected on opposite walls by LPV. There is no other lights in the scene.

67855-mixlight1.jpg

You can see the problem in next screenshot: there is a light spot on the roof of the box:

This spot is because of the reflected light, it moves when the directional light moves.

Is it possible to fix it?

(I use 4.10.0 from launcher, windows 7 64bits)

LPV isn’t the best dynamic GI solution out there so it has some limitations like the one you are seeing. In some cases it can be difficult to keep the volumes out of unwanted areas and you’ll see light bleeding when the volume is larger than the mesh. You can minimize this by decreasing the size in PP volume settings but still dont expect anything perfect if you are planning to use it for interior lighting.

Thank you for the answer

LPV isn’t the best dynamic GI solution out there

Are there others?

Thank you very much! I’ve even seen some of those, but I didn’t really understood that are alternatives to LPV

I actually meant in general but yeah, there are other dynamic GI solutions for UE4.

They all have their pros and cons so you’ll have to do some reading and decide which one is the best for you.