Low Marketplace Sales

Hello,

Recently, I have seen a drastic reduction (Almost 80%) in sales revenue over the past couple of months.
Would like to know if other content creators are facing similar issues?

Any ideas on what products/content the userbase and the general community would like to see from content creators?

This has started since the Unreal Ver 5.2 update made recently.

Thanks everyone,
Chetan
Aevoke Studios

3 Likes

Are you posting under Aevoke Studios?
If so, I don’t see any products shown:

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/profile/Aevoke+Studios
Maybe your products were hidden somehow?

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem and I don’t know what is the reason.
I talked about it here:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/sales/1230873

Try searching for “Cyber Steampunk Museum” please??

I know this a response coming like half a year late. But I have to admit that yeah me too. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that with UEFN and Fab’s announcements that sales on the marketplace went down so drastically
Of my years on the Unreal market, 2023 was my worst. I made at most half the revenue I usually do.
Not only do I think Epic is deprioritizing this front, I also think they really made Devs turn to creating through UEFN and Fab. A hub of content that doesn’t use the UE Market’s ecosystem at current.
And it doesn’t seem like that content merge is happening anytime soon.

2 Likes

It’s gotten really bad, my sales cut in half over the last 6 months of 2023, and another half since this year began. If it really does have something to do with UEFN/FAB I wish we could have some insight so we know how to react.

1 Like

The lack of analytical tools Marketplace creators have is ridiculous. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that UEFN and Fab could be the reason why lower sales have been coming in. Because at least for me that month was the first time I ever missed payout apart from my first month doing Marketplace content.
And from there it just went down and down. Even my Sketchfab store saw less sales.

1 Like

Same here, the drop wasn’t even natural/linear. It just dropped.

Analytics may help, but I’ve also noticed a pattern of bot behavior in the marketplace so even the analytics data there may not be useful…

2 Likes

This is exactly what I find so strange, how sales take such drastic hits in very short periods of time.

1 Like

Did any of you find your content pirated at the time of the sales drop? How did you respond and did sales return to normal later on?

1 Like

I did. And I had them taken down.
There’s a few websites that are like impossible to reach because they aren’t available in the United States and tbh, not risking a security breach in my system to take it down.
But most of pirated assets have handled.
It’s not just on the marketplace it’s on every store that Epic owns.

2 Likes

Yes sadly same, also 2023 worst year for my earning

https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/2023-black-friday-sales-huge-drop-for-me/1422370?u=nocturness

Here is my thought about this situation and seems it’s going worse.

The takedown operation seems useless for this problem. The pirated asset is constantly updated on another site with a different domain. It is impossible to fight this situation, but if there is a theft in the neighborhood, at least the doors can be locked, it is better than doing nothing.

I gave up and I stopped the creating new assets. Because half of my assets seem to have been pirated and it’s increasing day by day.

If you use YouTube for asset promotions ,video analytics show incredible views but those views are not reflected in sales, Bingo! asset has been pirated.

Youtube analytics shows which assets you have on which pirate sites, but this does not help anything :confused:

hi ,
My view is that the Epic Games Launcher now open in the Fornite Store. The opening page is Fornite and it took me ages to find out how to fix this, because I dont want Fortnite!.
Basically I have changed the Startup ini file to got back to the old opening screen then I can navigate to Marketplace.

Remeber when the Epic Games Launcher (EGL) use to open in Marketplace every time.

We as soon as UEFN was launched to replace Fortnite Creator, the EGL opening page became Fortnite store.

There have been arguments where Forum Users where getting angry with UEFN users keep asking UE 5 Engine supporter to fix UEFN and asking us to fix stuff on the UEFN store.

The moderator stepped in and pointed the user to the right place as lots of people had reported him.

This is just My opinion,but without advertising and opening in UEFN store not the Marketplace store will not exist much longer

Same for me, I want nothing to do with Fortnite. I’m disappointed development (and bug reports) for Fortnite are getting the priority over problems the other UE devs are having. I’ve been discussing piracy and current problems on anti piracy suggestions and on the FAB announcement. May it be of use to anyone. I’m losing hope in the system. At the very least I want to be able to choose who I do business with and not put my product up to steal by any bot account just to see it refunded and stolen.

When as more people reported on the forums sales drop because of a piracy situation the pirate is actively killing business for the one person who can make the asset. what is the point of that? If you make everything free for everyone you just starve the guy who can make more of it. The whole mindset is sick.

2 Likes

This March has been a big improvement for me, which is a big surprise considering last month was the worst in the last 1 year. Anyone have things improved for anyone else?

Same here, not as good as before but saw improvement this month…

:roll_eyes: i,
There was trouble installing UEFN 26.10 on Windows 11. Just needs installing with “Run As Administrator”. So obviously I now have UEFN, which (5th April 2023) runs 5.4 preview!.

[RESOLVED] Issue with New Installations of UEFN on Windows 11

I am following the tutorial
Easy Beginning With UEFN Verse Coding For Fortnite Creative (youtube.com)

Looking at the top menu there is a button marked “Fab” the new store.
I clicked it and though its (alpha) to the new “Fab” . These items on here run 5.2/5.3 hopefully 5.4 soon

If you open Epic Launcher Marketplace you will find that many of the same items

Look at MW Broadleaf Forest UEFN Edition in FAB You have select Pricing based on Licensing from a drop down.
There a three levels Personal Price, Personal Group UEFN Price , Professional Price.

Personal Pricing is ÂŁ27. This price is without UK VAT tax and is automatically added in Personal Licence price you pay

If 10 people buy personal version you make 88% of ÂŁ270 which is a ÂŁ87 selling one professional version

When purchasing and Professional ÂŁ187 the box for business receipt will need to be ticked .

This is protected by fact in UK your credit card is marked Retail or Company.
If the user has International Internet blocking set. They will need to have a PayPal account set up to pay, Probably this will change when FAB is fully in use

MW Broadleaf Forest Trees on Launcher Marketplace is much higher price that of Professional and will lack the Personal prices

Now there is a Forum conference linked from Fab

Marketplace creator looking to add my content to FAB - Development / Fab (Alpha) - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

reply is the important post

Hi there! We’re planning to open up selling to everyone once Fab launches later this year. Stay tuned for more.

My guess some of your products have been put on Fab.

The clear message is get your products ready for UEFN and start working on your three tier pricing for UE5.4/UE 5.4

To sell your assets on FAB/ UEFN you will need to convert them using the following procedure

Importing Assets for UEFN

Converting Assets into Props for UEFN

Here is a video using Unreal Engine
YouTube Convert downloaded assets to a prop in UEFN to manipulate (youtube.com)

Once converted for UEFN you don’t need to make new version for each update of UEFN, just one version

FAB because they are merging and no one knows how long Marketplace will last once FAB is here.

The only way to get Fab at the moment is opening a UEFN project and use the tool bar.
This used is seen in tutorial .

Its become apparent that an enhanced version of Blueprint is being used to convert to UEFN .
Its has become clear that Verse may replaced Blueprint in UE 6(six) in two years time, but probably still be available. I have converted a 4.24, static mesh asset to UEFN 5.4 simply be exporting as an FBX and imported back into UEFN and with one function converted to a UEFN Prop which could be dragged onto the UEFN Island Template.

1 Like

I’ve been using unreal just fine for 10 years+, I’ve never touched visual basic or c++, I wasnt willing learn code when I was younger, definitely not willing learn it now that I’m getting old even in the form of Verse. I’m 100% sure I would be doing something else with my life if not for blueprints in fact I can remember the very first time I saw blueprints in action, Epic Co Founder Mark Rein was testing a aircraft game made entirely with blueprints and I was instantly sold, stopped pursuing a career in animation and switched game dev. Nearly every product I’ve got on the marketplace contains some kind of blueprints or is a blueprint itself. Epic should carry the blueprint spirit to UEFN, especially if they plan on having regular unreal user be a bigger part of it. If they don’t I think they’ll be leaving a large part of the unreal community behind.

hi @I_Create_Art ,
I have amended the above post as recently announced that UE 6 (six) will have Verse and probably Blueprint will remain. Enhanced Blueprint in UEFN is used to convert Static Mesh to a UEFN Prop very easily.
Sorry for mis informing everyone