Lightmap problem

Hi there

I have a little problem with lightmapping. I try a lot of things now, different uv´s, different lightmap ressolution and nothing works. Hope you can help me out :wink:

://www…de/pics/lightmap01.jpg

Do you get any errors when you rebuild the light?
Are you sure that the normal map isn’t causing that?

Yeah, it´s seem you`ve overlapping faces or not enough space between island in your UV channel.

Hi and thanks for reply

No Errors when i build the light. I try it allready without normal map and texture.
Here are two pictures from my uv map.

://www…de/pics/uv01.jpg

://www…de/pics/uv02.jpg

I create a new one and resize the small pieces, same ressault. Thats the only problem i got with lightmapping so far.
All other modells work without any issue.

Hi there

Which lightmap resolutions have you tried out so far?

I had a simliar issue but resolved it by incresing the res.

Cheers,
Michael

Hi

From 64 till 1024

Shadows on the Box from other modells works perfect.

Unless you see those individual wood pieces I would just make the sides of those crates as a single plane

Oh good point, are those separate planks or is this one plane per side? If they’re separate, you might also want to check normals (if you have a slight bevel on the edges) and the smoothing groups. Or, as viper said, try a single plane.

Thanks for your help

I give up now and made the Box with single planes :wink:

Try to clear your smoothing groups…. “clear all” when all polygons are selected…
Also check your mesh for overlapping faces and issues within the mesh….

Clear the smoothing groups … thats solve my problem.
Thank you so much Adik :wink:

Sure :slight_smile: Just keep in mind that this doesn’t works always out… especially when you need “smoothing groups”…

Will keep it in mind :wink: