Lighting on materials in blueprint

Hi all. I have an issue where I have additional lighting on materials that are attached to a mesh via a blueprint than directly on an actor.

I started with the FPS template, and deleted everything except for the skybox, directional light, and a cube. I then started blocking out the room by duplicating and resizing the cube, and adding relevant materials.

I’ve gotten to the stage where I’m importing meshes to replace the blocks, and creating blueprints for interactivity (the light switch turns on a light and the draws on the filing cabinet can be opened and closed).

The issue is that when I use blueprints, the materials look different than when they are on meshes added directly to the editor. I’ve included an example screenshot. The material on the cabinet is the same as the material on the draws, and the material on the lightswitch is the same material as the one on the shelves. The only difference I’m aware of is that the lightswitch and cabinet draws are blueprints and everything else is not. As you can see, they ‘glow in the dark’.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? I’m happy to post any settings, but I’m not sure what’s relevant at the moment.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I forgot to answer this question when I worked out what the problem was. It’s been a long time, but from memory, it was just that the lighting needed to be rebuilt.