Lighting not rebuilding. SWARM: "Error: A 32 bit processes cannot access modules of a 64 bit process."

Editor version 4.3

Image of the SwarmAgent : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/31/1406654340-thisstartedtobereallyannoying.png

Hey benox50 -

Thank You. So we know Swarm Agent is running correctly on your system. Let’s see if we can get the NET Framework back up and connected again. Can you go to this website and use the Microsoft NET Framework Cleanup tool to ensure you have a correct build and installation of Framework:

Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool is available - Microsoft Support

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Still same error after the use of the ‘‘Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool’’
same error too after the use of the ‘‘sfc scannow’’ cmd command

and no problem with the UDK SwarmAgent

this is the Framwork version I have on my PC :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/31/1406751853-frameshit.png

Hey benox50 -

Ok, next step. Uninstall your Unreal Engine 4 completely. Your Project Files should not be affected. Make sure that you go into your install directory and completely delete any leftover files or folders after the uninstall. (So for me, I would check C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\ - and make sure it is gone.) Then, go to your account page and re-download and re-install the unreal engine for scratch. Finally test your light building ability.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

For about two weeks I have the same error. It appeared out of nowhere.

I tried completely uninstalling the engine and .net framework (regularly as well as with the unofficial .net cleanup tool) and reinstalling both (first .net framework 4, 4.5 and 4.5.1, then UE4 4.5) like three times. I also tried the repair tool. Both without effect. “sfc scannow” didn’t help either.

My Swarm Agent uses the default settings.

I’m out of options. I don’t want to reinstall Windows just for this.

Hi DasMatze,
I’m trying to investigate the problem, but unfortunately I’m unable to reproduce it. Could you help me with this?

It would be great if you could execute QAGame Editor, reproduce the bug on empty map i.e. try to build lighting and afterwards send me the contents of UnrealSwarm cache directory? It should be located in \UE4\Engine\Saved\Swarm.

Thanks,
Jarek

Hey DasMatze -

You probably do not have access to QA Game Editor, so if you could try in the Third Person BP Template.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hi Jarek! Sorry for being late, I didn’t notice there was a reply. I tried building the lighting in the third person template and looking for the cache (which is located at the place you mentioned, as the settings of the SwarmAgent say) but no files or folders regarding Swarm have been created.

I looked for logs or anything related again and found something in the appdata folder:link text

I hope this helps!

The “Jobs” and “AgentStagingArea” folders in the same directory are empty.

Hi DasMatze,
thanks for your help, but nothing special there that could point me at the problem.

If you’d like to help further it would be awesome if you’d replace your files with the one in the package I’ve attached here, reproduce the problem and resend me the log from SwarmAgent. Then we would at least know where in code it happens. The folder to replace files is in your \Engine\Binaries\DotNET.

Thanks in advance!
Jarek

Thank you for looking into it! Here are both logs from the latest lighting build: link text (from Appdata folder as well as from the folder where UE4 is installed).

Thanks DasMatze, that helped a lot!

I still cannot reproduce this, but I found out a possible workaround for the problem.

Could you verify it?

The binaries are attached here. If you could replace them once again (same as before) and follow reproduction steps.

Hopefully it will help. If you confirm it I’ll submit the solution and it should be in the releases soon.

That’s nothing. It’s just debugging rubbish I’ve left in the first binaries I’ve sent you, but yeah it will block your tests. You can restore your backup (I forgot to mention that, sorry :() or use files from the file attached here.

Thanks for the workaround. Unfortunately I get this error in the log now:

15:43:09: [Interface:OpenJob] Error: TestException
   bei NSwarm.FSwarmInterface.OpenJob(FGuid JobGuid) in d:\Perforce2\UE4-Releases\4.5\Engine\Source\Editor\SwarmInterface\DotNET\SwarmInterface.cs:Zeile 2007.

At least the message from the title is gone.

It finally works again! Thank you so much! I was on the verge of reinstalling windows. I’m glad I waited.

The fix should be in 4.7 release. Hopefully it will work for you all.

Thanks DasMatze for the awesome help!

Jarek

hey guys.
I’m using UE4.7.4 and 4.8 . unfortunately i have problem with swarm agent.looks like it’s freezing, here is my swarm log:
12:59:13 PM: Starting up SwarmAgent …
12:59:13 PM: … registering SwarmAgent with remoting service
12:59:13 PM: … registering SwarmAgent network channels
12:59:13 PM: … initializing SwarmAgent
12:59:13 PM: … certificate check has failed
12:59:13 PM: … initializing cache
12:59:13 PM: … using cache folder ‘D:/UnrealEngine-4.7.4/Engine/Saved/Swarm\SwarmCache’
12:59:13 PM: … recreating SwarmAgent cache staging area
12:59:13 PM: … initializing connection to SwarmCoordinator
12:59:13 PM: … using SwarmCoordinator on RENDER-01
12:59:15 PM: … SwarmCoordinator failed to be initialized
12:59:15 PM: … initializing local performance monitoring sub

i think the problems come from coordinator .I’ve used several solution to fix that. disable antivirus/disable firewall /repair dotnet and … but it’s not working.

we have some important project and waiting for long to fix this issue … can any one help us.
thanks.

using SwarmCoordinator on RENDER-01

Is your coordinator located at RENDER-01 machine? Maybe the name is different? Please verify it and fix in the SwarmAgent settings.

Thanks,

Jarek