Lighting/Lightmap Problem

Hi guys

currently when im building lighting in my level i have these weird results that i have no idea how to fix them. these random spots are appearing on the surface of my modular pieces and sometimes, light doesnt light up both pieces equaly and makes it apparent that these two pieces are separate (they all use same material). i dont know if its from light maps or not but im in need of help as i have a delivery soon.

Hi,

Take a look at this forums thread: Modular Asset Lighting Problem - Rendering - Epic Developer Community Forums

Essentially the gist here is that light is being baked on different threads for each piece resulting in the seams that you’re seeing.

You can reduce this by adjusting the Indirect lighting smoothness (0.6) and the Indirect lighting quality (2) to get better results to smooth out this effect.

Alternative workarounds are to have the mesh in a single grouping from your modeling project or use other meshes to cover the seams to reduce the noticeable difference.

Thank you!

Tim

all right after working on it for a day now i have this problem. it feels like its getting wors when i work more on it

Apologies for the delay.

What settings have been adjusted to get these results? Did you adjust the lightmap resolution of the mesh to be lower?

Let me know.