Lighting changing radically after building lighting

Alright, I’m a super noob here but I’m at a loss.
Here’s what I want:

Here’s what I get:

During the course of working with the level, you are instructed to rebuild the lighting, so I do and everything gets darker. I don’t even touch the lights. There’s only one major change I’ve made that I could imagine might cause this but I’m grabbing at straws. I switched from DX12 to DX11. DX12 was just to unstable, Unreal kept crashing. I’m an unreal noob so I’ll answer questions as best I can. Also, I did not create this map. I’m just adding VR functionality into it for a project.

1 Like

Do you actually want static lighting? If not, then just set the directional light to moveable.

Working with static lighting is a whole ‘thing’.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help. directional light was set to stationary, not strictly static. I’m not familiar with the difference. Should all the lights in the scene be moveable? This is a VR environment, so its gotta run fast.

1 Like

Static and stationary both need building. If it’s for VR, you might well need to do that.

It takes a long of time and practice to use non-moveable lighting. One of the features being, it gets darker when you build :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do I compensate? Intensity? I’d like to call a meeting about this ‘feature’. :wink:

1 Like

It’s a dark art. I’d make your lighting stationary, then at least you can adjust the intensity after building.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll Try that.

2 Likes