Light mapping?

Sooo, not seeing any information on light mapping for UE4…

Does it just work the same as UE3 or do I just not have to deal with them anymore. Please tell me I don’t need to worry about making them… :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t need to worry about them…IF you want to go all dynamic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Second UV channel pipeline is still the same. Emissive materials are useless for baked light now. Can’t think of any other major difference right now(other than quality and speed, which are pretty awesome!)

Huh? What does this mean?

Emissive materials used to be used as a light source for static lighting in UDK. That doesnt exist in UE4.

Here is a tutorial how you can create a lightmap in blender:

Awesome! Thanks

Hmm. I will say that using emissive for static lighting used to generate an area light which acted dynamically, and it was poorly optimized. It would also increase your light build times by a lot. The physically based shader does take emissive into consideration for direct lighting (ie a metal ball would totally show reflections from something emissive), and SVOGI was going to take care of the rest. Maybe in the future SVOGI will become a possibility, but the engine is difficult enough to render as it is.

In the meantime, just put a light on it. You can have hundreds of thousands of static lights and thousands of dynamic lights if you want to.