After quite a bit of work I am finally ready to talk about my new project that aims to provide an extremely easy to use and customizable complete RPG Kit so everyone with a bit of imagination can go and create his/her very own new Skyrim, Witcher or Dark Souls dream RPG. But because that’s such a daunting task , I have decided to split it into multiple packs that will be fully usable as stand alone products but will also be fully compatible and synergize with one another.
The first pack is probably the most important for an RPG game : The ability and stat system , coupled with a fully working XP and character creation system. I will add more screenshots as i polish up the UI but for now let me just list some of the features :
- Complete character creation system with gender, race, class selection, 2 different stat assignment systems ( players will have a limited amount of points they can invest in stats and another very customizable random stat generation system with customizable upper and lower bounds and stat budget values ).
- Easily create and import custom stats , races,genders,classes,attributes just by adding them in the csv files ( complete with default values,names,descriptions,icons and more).
- Everything needed in one component that can be easily attached to any character to instantly give them access to stats and the XP system.
- Customizable stat modifiers based on gender,race and class ( for example a warrior has +2 strength but -2 intelligence, while a dwarf has +2 constitution but -2 dexterity).
- Custom made functions for easy stat manipulation like : increase/decrease selected stat/attribute permanently or temporary by desired value, get stat/attribute by id or name , restore stat to default value, increase/decrease cap of stat and a ton more.
- Customize your character name and portrait.
- Easily editable XP system with fully customizable xp values for each level ( can be done directly inside excel). Customizable amount of stats gained per level.
- Character level-up screen complete with a stat assignment system.
- Derived stats ( health,mana,hunger,stamina,carry limit) that are linked to base stats so they increase automatically when the base stats increase ( fully customizable though so even though you have the option to link them you can still make them stand alone and handle them separately).
- Stats directly linked to various player controller attributes ( move speed, jump distance etc - amount of influence can be customized from zero to whatever you choose).
- Functional health, stamina,mana and hunger system with regenerating/degenerating stats ( health,mana and stamina constantly regenerate but hunger constantly degenerates).
There is probably more here but I will list it as soon as I add the graphics. The pack is now content complete and I am currently working on cleaning it up and arranging the blueprints and adding a nice UI to go with it and commenting everything while also preparing the documentation for it.
Hopefully it should be ready to submit by the end of this month. If you have any feedback let me know.
Some Screens :