Legendary RPG Kit Part 1 - Stats , classes, races, XP , character creation and more

For nothinhg!!!

Well it’s currently awaiting approval from Epic.

Hi,
Just a suggestion. If you you do a Journal +Quest+Dialogue system consider Articy. No dialogue quest system I have seen here compares to its ease of use and features, so I’d most certainly support a product that uses xml files Articy exports.

Interesting suggestion. I will check it out.

Well epic denied the submission because of reasons barely understood ( because apparently it’s too simple, which I am baffled by especially because even the random stat generation system from the kit is more complex than anything I did on my 2D Kit and this was a lot more work and features a lot of complex interacting systems…and the other reason is apparently they don’t like the UI for the character creation menu which I only made to give it a more RPGish feel and has nothing to do with the actual functionality of the kit ,so I guess **** me for putting it some extra effort even though it was not mandatory). Anyway I am forced to put it on Gumroad and Sellfy for the time being until remove the UI and character creation menu because why add extra stuff if it’s going to cause my project to be rejected. I’ll probably resubmit it sometime in the future with some extra stuff thrown in to make it more “complex”.
Links to gumroad and sellfy if anyone is interested in getting it in the near future at a lower price than it will have on if it ever gets on the marketplace : RPG Stats & Attributes for Unreal Engine 4.10
https://sellfy.com/p/unQS/

Disappointing.

I’ve been keeping track of this submission.

Thanks for putting it up elsewhere.

For the record, I love your work. Your work, more so than the other RPG kits, hits the nail on the head. I, for one, would like for you to continue with it.

Hey,

Thanks for the support.Well the rpg kits are made because I will be using them for a game as well so I will still be working on them. Most likely I will be continuing with one of the other
parts of the complete kit and just combining it with the stat system and releasing it like that. It will take some time though.

Hi

That’s too bad:(

I could up until buying it in Epic’s Marketplace, a fairly simple RPG system like yours to learn how to create a stats system using data table deriving from EXEL. And this seems to me a little more complex than usual for a kit that is not intended to be a MMO. I do not see how it could be rejected as something simple, it seems quite professional work!

Maybe you should ask for more clarification from Epic and hear more feedback from the forum community here trying to contribute to the LegendRPG Kit development to avoid future embarrassment. And I think it has a big future. Because you are not offering graphic assets like UMG widgets, icons, and/or animations or meshs to the Marketplace, you are offering a complete programming! Are you? If this was delayed by the Epic’s curator, probably was not very well explained in his post the real reasons! The price in Gumroad is excellent, I would buy it in the Marketplace only to have a LevelUp system using data table, and learn how to use it integrating EXEL data.

[FONT=Arial Black]And, a little suggestion: Why Not? Better Clarify your point in the thread; share your WIP progress, here, more clearly, so that the community can contribute with ideas and feedback!

Do not abandon the Epic’s Marketplaces! I do not know why you’re a bit languid with me? But I wish the best for your kit. Our success depends largely on your success. Thanks and best regards. :sunny:

Hey man. Thanks for the support but after browsing the marketplace i noticed this : RPG Utility Toolkit in Blueprints - UE Marketplace which could be the reason mine got rejected. When i first started working on my kit there was nothing like that on the market but the one i found above is relatively similar to mine and it does some things i don;t but then again my kit does some things this one doesn’t ( custom races, genders and custom class modifiers and it uses data tables for everything). But even so I still think there were enough differences between them . And I did ask for clarifications and while I cannot post them directly here , they were confusing and the suggestions didn’t make much sense to me and seemed random ( the bottom line was that they felt it was too simple and wanted me to add some animation systems for the classes and change the UI which I feel has nothing to do with the kit iself.
So yea it did bum me out to hear that but what can you do. I’ll work on adding stuff anyway for the versions on gumroad and sellfy and I will probably resubmit it in the future to the marketplace but i am unsure when that will be.

Hi

I 'm going fill you with quite a lot of questions, only for a feedback effect! I’m not very up-to-date about existing RPG elements or schemes in the actual game market, I am not an assiduous player! But, it’s some things I like to see in an RPG.

The version submitted for Epic works very well under multiplayer environment and level streaming?. Works under Steam subsystem as well as in offline environment?

Have: Character selection room / Classes and Races, "Inventory + ActionBar + Looting system (using percentage for chance, rarity), Journal + Quest (dynamic waypoints shown in the world map) + Dialogue system (for NPCs), Combat system ( weapon and melee attack using attachable/lootable weapons and working like hack and slash using combo movements ?

Have Speel system with chained targeted attack and homing attack combining selectable attack style, both, by-turn and realtime).?

Have a world Map system (like an example), using a world map in inventory with transition and teleportation system?", and finally an expansible Skill tree?.

Have expansible Abilities like one used in an existing Kit in the Marketplace in which any original new thing (Attribute) created by user can be used together with the leveling UP engine to create new attributes?

Have rewards for both: levelingUP and Quest completed? Have stats screen.?

Have floating animated text effects, and customizable animated LevelUp events using UMG texts as well as slots for customized sounds and particles effects?

Is modular, can be combined with other existing assets on the Marketplace? It has slots for custom particle effects, mesh and animations…?

This may grow and become a MMO in a future package?

Have very fine support and tutorials on Youtube?

BLUEPRINTS: ALL VERY WELL COMENTED AND ORGANIZED?

ORGANIZED CONTENT FOLDERS STRUCTURE?

EPIC’s OFFICIAL NOMENCLATURES (prefix) in example ASSETS and in other things IN CONTENT FOLDERS?

And a Not Unfair good price?

And finally I don’t know why such thing could be rejected even to beyond the limits of Mars ???

:wink: