Ledge Climb/Parkour System WIP

Hey guys, I’ve been working on a Ledge/Parkour system for my game. And it actually got a lot of interest online, so I’m wondering if I should sell it on the Marketplace. It’s still a work in progress and I’m still adding a lot more interactions slowly.

Here’s what I have so far. Let me know what you guys think and what else you’d like me to add in the system when I put it up on the Marketplace :slight_smile:

Your animations look good, and the camera isnt too rough. Climbing camera’s can get annoying. You have a good amount of interp, or timeline used with the camera. Between the movement, zoom, and lag it looks pretty comfortable. Kind of reminds me of styxx. Another UE4 type of game. MP is up too you.

Looks nice, clean and like you’ve put a lot of effort into it. I’d be interested in picking it up.

I thought the marketplace required the character skeleton to be identical to the default mannequin. My plan was to release a parkour system with the default mannequin. And also include the custom parkour animations in the pack. That ought to make it modular and people can retarder the animations to their custom characters.

I did look at the other systems available out there right now. With CoquiGames’ system, I agree it’s a huge disconnect without the animations. There was another project by Bugmer which looked promising but didn’t have any update for a long time.

Using the mannequin is ideal, and should be fine. It looks great just how it is. I think the smooth animations are your best selling point here. The jump up from ledge, and ledge to ledge looks as good, if not better than some AAA games.

Ah thanks! I wanted to do the system with the mannequin mainly because this character is for the game I’m working on. Funny enough, I used very little animation clips on this, most of them were just edited in engine using the additive animation curves.

I don’t think this is related, but I really like your ‘audio ring’ that surrounds the character. It reminds me of the threat rink in MGS4, but if I’m reading it correctly, it instead displays the audio you emit? Super cool.

Oh yes it is! haha I tweeted about it a while ago when I actually got it working. Also the awareness ring

Saw this on twitter, man! Looks great!

Awesome! I always thought that mechanic was really good and never really saw it again. I’m glad I’m not the only one who saw its potential! Also i followed you :slight_smile:

Here are a few small updates on the the system. I got inner corner turns working and jumping up to higher ledges. Jumping away from the wall is also working better now. The hand IKs are still very very rough.

Just updating this thread. The Climb System is now available on the Marketplace

Version 1.0.1 has been submitted. Here’s what’s added in the system