Learning Templates [Blueprint Power]

thanks !

Pure art. So satisfying.

Thank you ! after 1 year of blueprint , i can’t type code anymore

first of all thank you :slight_smile: but as environment and 3D artist I’m kinda new still in blueprints… kinda got stuck at trying to blend pacman and snake blueprints… (am trying to apply your templates fused for 3D)

You will need some work for that
as a start
You have to change the camera from orthographic to perspective
2d character bp to character bp
sprites to static meshes
flipbooks to skeletal meshes

I feel bad asking this, not only because you’ve already done so much to be helpful, but because I feel a bit the fool for not getting this, but could you, in a paragraph or so (or more, if you feel like it, just trying to to be too rude) describe the steps you took to set up the Pong game? Just, very generally. “First I set this actor up, then that one, then put this blueprint here. You can see how they’re specifically configured, but you have to watch out for XYZ etc.”.

I’m kinda trying to tweeze apart what you have, and I’m just too new to be able to see where to start unraveling it, and most of the tutorials I can locate deal with more complex subjects (Such as the player movement one), that are great, and easy, but only for that specific use case, unless I’ve missed something.

Regardless, thank you very much if you can do that, and if not, thank you anyway for the great templates. :slight_smile:

sorry i’m a little busy now , i will post it soon as i can

No need to be sorry - I’m the one imposing! Thank you for getting to it when you get the time! :slight_smile:

just as an update , i will clean up pong template to make it more easy to understand
it will be physics based

Well, you don’t have to do all THAT, but if you want to I would welcome it! Thank you very much! I feel like I’m at the cusp of being able to look at your templates and understand what’s happening - I just can’t get over the hill, hence the request for just a paragraph or two about what you did.

Again, thank you so much for all of this - it’s so helpful!

Updated :
Added Sliding puzzle and Memory Game Templates

Updated :
Added Top/Down FPS Template

Awesome thread! Saved me a lot of time!

Thanks for your work! :smiley:

glad it helped

Updated :
Added Pong : Physics based

Wow! Thanks - I’ll be digging in to all of these! :slight_smile:

this is very helpfull thanks brother

Glad to help

thank you:D

Whoa beyond impressive! It will be interesting to examine these projects!