Landscape Material on Terrain is Black

Hello,

Like a couple others have posted in the past here, I’m experiencing the ‘black terrain’ effect with my landscape material. I’m newer to UE4 but I double checked that I was using less than the allotted sampler slots (statistics say 7/16), and I don’t have anything complex other than a noise mask. I have 5 textures, see attached picture:

I’m trying to add a fourth texture for a fourth layer, shown in the image, but when I make a fourth entry for ‘layer blend’ and hook it up, the terrain turns black. When I remove it, it’s ok again. I’d have to assume it causes something to overload.

The layers as I set them up in the Landscape Paint are non-weight blended. I’m not sure if this would affect anything. I’ve looked at other similar questions but haven’t been above to resolve it. Any ideas would be great.

I’m using UE 4.22

Thanks,

Couple of questions:

1. Is it just black in the preview, or actually on the landscape?

2. What is the node to the left, that you omitted?

I should add

• The landscape itself is what turns black. The preview weights for the 3 layers I have in the material are 0.4 , 0.2 and 0.1 respectively from top to bottom. I just chose those arbitrarily
    • The node on the left that’s partially hidden is just a TexCoord node to scale the U/V a bit

I should add:

1. The terrain itself becomes black. I have preview weights of 0.4 0.2 and 0.2 respectively if that matters.

2. The node is just a TexCoordinate node to scale UV’s