Keep high density topology on flat surface with nanite for shader displacement.

Hi, Since UE5, I can’t use my old trusty pipeline. I used layered materials with displacement, and with procedural noise, blended lets say, bricks with plasters. And I created shaders like, detecting edges of the plasters, added different colors to it, generated normals for edges and so on. And at the end, with a very little effort, I created almost non repeated big villlage houses with unique appearance. And it saved tons of time and effort. I used this method almost for all surfaces.

And now, after UE5, I cant find a way to do that. Because, I need to use pretesselated meshes and use nanite,I cant keep the density of topology on smooth surfaces. No matter what setting I change, nanite just destroys the topology of surface, and that is not good for displacement.

For dirty workaround, I used mesh displacement from moddeling tab with small perlin noise and create small bumpy surface, after that nanite keeps my topology and after that I can use material displacement, but as you can guess, that looks terrible.

So, is there any way, to keep topology density on smooth surfaces like walls when enabling nanite?

I cant use nanite displacement from mesh editor - nanite setting. It doesnt support my workflow.

Pls, someone, tell me there is some way. I waited almost 2 years, did a lot of different pipeline, like making assets and overlap them and so on, and all of that doesnt even come close for speed and simplicity from my old pipeline. :frowning:

Original topology vs nanite topology.