I've created an Infinite Voxel World, similar to Minecraft

If you update it or someone else does, there should be exclusive features to inspire for the 1.10 update of the real game.

very nice. When I download the file I get an error when I try to extract it.

You’ve been featured on Kotaku! Congrats!!!

How can I add this to my vault to mess with?

For now, I like pixel style. If I change my mind I might contact you :cool:

I don’t really spawn many ISMCs, you should not have too many of them. Also don’t have problems with the collision, at the moment all blocks constantly have collision enabled but that costs like 0 performance I think. You probably did some crazy stuff if you had problems with collision performance :slight_smile:

I have a ideas, but let’s see how they end up :cool: Depends mostly on others.

Use 7zip, all other software seems to dislike the zip file

Yep, saw that! Also got “let’s plays” from CaptainSparklez and AntVenom.

It’s not released as source.

It´s for free, by the way

How do you think yor approach would scale with more types of voxels? IE what happends when there are 100 different voxels to be rendered in a chunk?

It would be more draw calls, but apart from that it would not affect anything. And soon draw calls hopefully don’t matter that much any more with Vulkan and D3D12.

I got more than 40,000 downloads of the game and more than 375,000 views on the video. It’s awesome to see so much interest in this!

Making games with Blueprints only is amazing! Great job!

Wow that’s way more than I would have thought, I guess there are a lot of people who would want minecraft with next gen lighting, what you have looks actually very similar to minecraft with shader mods but with better performance :stuck_out_tongue: so that’s a win win right there.

This could actually bring a ton of minecraft modders into UE4… not only that but blueprints would make modding 10 times easier and faster.
However Mojang could cause problems for you if they want to :rolleyes: be aware of that, you might wanna change the textures and visual style a bit so it’s not a 1 to 1 copy.

Minecraft with SEUS Unbelievable Shaders :slight_smile: Nice project tho bro. Looks awesome.

This would definitely be cool to put on the marketplace. I think a few like me could learn from it.

very nice and impressive work
just one question is the lighting dynamic? and are you using LPV ?

would love to see it in marketplace or in the learn tab

What about multiplayer?

Edit for screenshots:

This is fantastic! Many thanks for sharing! Looking forward to see it in the marketplace.

If it helps…I’d buy this from the marketplace just to look at the implementation in Blueprint. Very Impressive sir.

As someone who loves these types of games and have been playing around with procedural generation in ue4 I would be interested in seeing how you set up your blueprints. As it is, I don’t think minecraft even works that smoothly using any custom textures when going between chunks.

There chunk base is 32? block grid. If memory serves me right I think its 16x16 x 128? in the overworld (total height i think is 255) but thats still something like 32,000 and some odd blocks per chunk by defualt.

so ++ for market or community learning resource.

Hey I’m really interested in how you do the math thing to make only the visible blocks render to increase performance cuz that would help me alot with performance in my games especially on mobile.
P.S Great job!

Thanks for the reply - really interesting that you aren’t finding any collision issues…I have far less stuff spawning in than you have pictured and the colliders completely destroy performance for me. I wonder what the difference could be.

This is amazing! I would buy it just to mess around with it for sure!