It's really inconvenient to use world outliner in UE4 or ue5

In Maya2018, pressing F key in the viewport will maximize the display of the model, but the outline view will not highlight automatically, unless you put the mouse in the outline view, and then press F key to highlight the position of the model,that is really convenient.

But in UE4 or UE5 EA,one problem always exists in the world outliner view , that is, when you click to select an asset in the viewport, the asset will be highlighted in the world outliner view, and the details panel will also be displayed correspondingly. But many times, for example, I just want to adjust the lighting environment in the scene all the time, and I may always be in the directional light, sky light and ExponentialHeightFog, post-processing volume switch back and forth, but sometimes I accidentally select an asset in the level, such as a stone, and then the world outliner view will explode and highlight this stone. At this time, it forces me to move up the drop-down bar of the world outliner view with the mouse, put all the folders away, open the lights folder, and then find my lights. This is really troublesome. Of course, I also know that all lights can be placed in the layers layer, but it’s not very convenient to switch back and forth. I hope you can refer to the design of maya2018, which is really convenient. Thank you.

check my video:
https://youtu.be/5vnyFZpWiKM

maya,在操作视图里按F键,会把模型最大化显示 ,但大纲视图不会自动凸显出来,除非你将鼠标放在大纲视图里,再按F键才会凸显模型的位置01
而UE4或UE5的大纲视图一直存在这个问题,就是在操作视窗里点击选择一个资产,大纲视图里就会高亮凸显出这个资产,细节面板也会对应显示出来,但很多时候,例如我当前只想一直调节场景里的光照环境气氛,可能会一直在平行光,天光,高度雾,后期处理盒子之间来回切换选择,但有时我不小心选中关卡里的某个资产如石块,这时大纲视图就会炸开,高亮凸显这块石块,这时就逼着我要用鼠标将大纲视图的下拉条往上移,把所有文件夹收起来,再打开Lights文件夹,再找到我的灯光,这真的很麻烦。当然,我也知道可以将所有灯光放在Layers图层里,但来回切换也不太方便,希望可以参考maya2018的设计,真的方便很多。成分感谢。

2 Likes

There is a cheap plugin on the marketplace to lock actors in place and make them not selectable.