Item Placers Get deleted randomly

To me it has the same behavior. Sometimes, unadvertised, UEFN deletes and restore some devices. I have to remember where I changed and revert the other ones. That causes a HUGE reworking sometimes. Please, investigate it.

same issue here but with fortnite props
just after the session has been uploaded
the editor notifies there are some changes and need to save them (some items have been deleted)
I need to save the level and use the revision control as @XWhyZz suggested to bring them back
sometimes items do not reappear, but after restarting the editor they back

1 Like

@Flak could you please take a look at this?

1 Like

Possibly duplicated: content randomly beig deleted 1000+

Same here, specifically with item placers. Here is some logs from uefn output log:
LogActorLevelEditorSelection: Warning: SelectActor: The requested operation could not be completed because the actor has invalid flags. (Item Placer2)
LogActorLevelEditorSelection: Warning: SelectActor: The requested operation could not be completed because the actor has invalid flags. (Item Placer5)
LogActorLevelEditorSelection: Warning: SelectActor: The requested operation could not be completed because the actor has invalid flags. (Item Placer9)
LogActorLevelEditorSelection: Warning: SelectActor: The requested operation could not be completed because the actor has invalid flags. (Item Placer7)
LogActorLevelEditorSelection: Warning: SelectActor: The requested operation could not be completed because the actor has invalid flags. (Item Placer3)
LogActorLevelEditorSelection: Warning: SelectActor: The requested operation could not be completed because the actor has invalid flags. (Item Placer)

1 Like

Confirmed that at 29.01 the error still occurs. Even when Fortnite was closed I got a bunch of deleted devices re-added to project.

Trying to build a new Lego map. Place a trigger, play test a few times, then it just deletes itself. Once I had about 1000 LEGO floor pieces vanish. Luckily I was able to revert with revision control. Got my floor pieces back, but no matter how many times I place a trigger, it deletes itself after 30 minutes or so.

Here is the broken reference screenshot.

The editor is essentially broken in this state. Epic please escalate this for a fix.

I turned off Live Edit in UEFN and this behavior stopped. It seems Live Edit is broken somehow.

I tried this but they still get deleted when i push changes, start a game and end it or when i exit the session and start a new one

This happens to me aswell. I have a wall of guns that I need to reset everytime I start the editor. These types of stuff really kills productivity. I hope they fix it.

I can confirm that since disabling live edit there have been no issues. Even after pushing changes.

Not the same here. I disabled the Live Edit and closed my Fortnite. I stayed out my computer for an hour and when I came back I had a bunch of assets being deleted and/or rolled back waiting for saving.

This is happening to me with item placers and trigger devices. It just disappears too, like it never even existed over and over and over and over…

1 Like