Item Placers Get deleted randomly

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Summary

Item placers get randomly deleted everytime i load the editor. I’m working on a team deathmatch map and since todays update (29.00) items placers keep getting randomly deleted. Even a version i published earlier has some of its item placers randomly removed. It is very confusing as no matter what i do random item placers and even a few walls keep disappearing. The current memory is at 66K/100k.

Steps to Reproduce

Place about 40-50 Item placers and 20 players spawners on a uefn map and items will start disappearing randomly.

Expected Result

Item placers and walls should not disappear when memory is well within limits

Observed Result

Objects & devices (item placer afaik) keep disappearing randomly, for exmaple when a game is started and ended some disappear and are deleted for ever

Platform(s)

PC + PS5

This is happening to me as well

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the exact same issue: item placers are gradually getting deleted at random when I load UEFN and push changes. The Weapon Cases are also being deleted for me!

I hope Epic will have a fix for this soon because I want to open my project without having all my hundreds of item placers removed!

1 Like

I also have this issue where my item placer will randomly dissapear. I figured a temporary solution that seems to work for me, i check-in changes (revision control) everytime im pushing changes/re-open the project. Hope this help someone

1 Like

The status of UCB-1336 incident has been moved from ‘Awaiting Validation’ to ‘Needs Triage’.

1 Like

Happened to me too. Item placers were the most common thing deleted from my map. I also had other objects deleted, about 30-50 total. They will typically delete during the memory check. I have captured them actually disappearing on a screen recording.

At one point, I put down an Item Placer, hit save and it simply vanished. Completely gone from the entire project. Put another one down, vanished again. So I just left it. Ran memory check and tested my game, the item placer was actually there in the private map during play testing but nowhere to be found in the outliner or in my local files on my computer. I can’t figure out what is going on.

1 Like

hello, can you go more in depth. what is your temporary fix

1 Like

I’m experiencing the exact same issue. i tried recreating them and it keeps getting deleted. it’s really frustrating when you have a lot of them

2 Likes

I’m using the Revision Control (Unreal Revision Control) to temporary fix the problem, and so far none of my devices/assets disappeared anymore.

1. Enable Revision Control if you haven’t (On the bottom right corner)
  2. Create a snapshots every time you try to push changes/or close the project – You can create a new snapshot by clicking the “Check-in Changes” (On the bottom right corner) and put it a message/title (It can be whatever that you like)
  3. IF this method doesn’t work, you can always go back to the most recent snapshot to get all your stuff back – Open the “Snapshot History” tab and sync your local copy to the latest snapshot version

It is a little annoying that every time i try to close/push changes, I have to use the revision control (Sometimes took a long time to upload to the system). But it is the only fix that seems to work for me. Hope it helps you!

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue with Item Placers and Air Vent Devices - the same devices are repeatedly being deleted after restoring with revision control.

1 Like

I have similar symptoms.
In my case, the trigger device is deleted.

3 Likes

I’ve the same issue. IN my case Place device is attached to prob in order to manage sinematic. Even if revision control is on and i save data every 10 minute (autosave) prob random are deleted.

1 Like

Same thing happens to me with item placers, triggers, fortnite props and imported assets. This needs to get fixed ASAP, can’t work on my projects because of this!

1 Like

Hello,
About an hour ago the problem appeared for me too. After push changes, over 40 item placers suddenly disappeared on my map. Only 2 remained. And when I replace the missing items placers, they also disappear.

1 Like

This is a good way around the issue for now, thanks. I hope they fix it soon. Oh and I noticed the triggers and air vent are disappearing as well

2 Likes

Yes, and i also found out that if you have your session launched and you try to save. It will also make your items disappear.

So make sure that if you save/change anything on your map, you exit session first

2 Likes

happening to me, legit replaced every item placer 4 times (there are 100+ item placers) whenever i push changes most of them randomily get deleted, it sucks. Im just tryna publish my map :'c

1 Like

Yes same Issue! Its alway the same items that got deleted and that i have to restore every time. The trick is to push the check in changes and revert the deleted items.

2 Likes

This doesn’t seem to be working for me, even when i restore to much older snapshots that ive had from weeks or even months ago, random item placers are missing. Even on a few published maps that ive had the item placers have disappeared.

It think this only happens when you are connected to a live session, so to fix it I was able to get around this by publishing the map directly from the editor without being connected to a live session, and then once i had published it, I would run a memory calculation. This seemed to fix the issue but ive only tried it a couple times so im not sure if it works everytime.

1 Like

Same here! We’re getting this problem mainly with triggers and beacons
It’s killing our productivity

1 Like