Issues rendering Water Body plugin in UE5.2

Hi there,
I recently moved a project from UE5.1 to UE5.2 and so far I’m pretty happy with 5.2 except for how its handling the water plugin. It rendered fine using the queue render in 5.1 but in 5.2 it looks like its blown out, like its a big white fuzzy box. I’ve attached some samples, the first one is how it looked before 5.2 and the second one looks like a big ghost pool party. Does anyone know why its doing this? Do I need to change something in my settings to get it to work or is just known bug?

Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks!

So I did some tests and managed to get rid of the white blobby effect around the water. I’m not totally sure why its happening, maybe just a bug. So for anyone else who maybe experiencing this it looks like its related to the bloom and seems to affect areas where the water is in contact with surfaces that are super shiny and reflective. It went away when using the CVar r.bloomquality=0 in the Movie Render Queue (turning it off in the project settings and post effect volume doesn’t work) It also goes away if you turn down the shininess in objects that are in contact with the water object. Not the greatest solution, but an ok band aid for now.

1 Like