Interaction Kit - Interact with anything and anyone, anytime.

Thanks! Other than that issue I really like this kit. You think there would be any chance they would push the update this week? Or maybe post how to fix the issue? Maybe via PM or Email. Not sure how involved that is. Thanks again for the quick reply!

Hey,

Fixing it would be hard to do through images or a video. I did contact the team today and i’ll try to make sure i can get this to be pushed as soon as possible but right now it’s night/morning there.

Nice work guys!

Although I haven’t checked everything piece by piece, I’ve noticed something that can be a problem in the multiplayer. “Interact” event is using GetPlayerController by index 0 and GetPlayerPawn by index 0. Which I guess will bring issues in multiplayer setup.

Hi, is there a way to not have the outline/glow display through your character. I actually like the fill with the alpha but I don’t want my character to change with the object when they are in front of it.

Hey BoredEngineer!

We’ve considered this and while this is true we went with the approach that you have a very low amount of setup. You can always add a cast there or another form the retrieve the correct one.

The post process material provided is the reason why it’s overlapping with other actors too. If you don’t want this to overlap with anything else you would need to use a different PP_Material for the render custom depth.

Okay thanks!

ETA to update:
Website - Next couple hours.
Marketplace - Unknown but being pushed and uploaded when posting this.

Change log V1.3

Once another update to fix the concern of @BoredEngineer and support for top down(trace from mouse to world position).

Added Topdown and 2D support, now option to trace from mouse.
Added Specification of your controller on setup to prevent the wrong player controller chosen in MP setups.
Changed Interact and highlight distance are now always the same(wouldn’t make sense to have it be different).

NOTE: **If you’re updating from a previous version make sure to connect the player controller to the player controller input.

Thank you! That was quick :slight_smile:

Sweet! Thanks guys!

No problem!

Very nice work!

And i love that new logo reveal ‘Paaanndddaaahhh’ :cool:

Thanks Charlestons!

I’m having an issue you may be able to help. Not sure if im doing something wrong. I got the new update and still having issues with implementing this into Generic Shooter. The problem seems to be getting references to the skeletal mesh on a child BP. I will try again later tonight it may just be an issue with my GS implementation. But it seems that if you make a BP with a skeletal mesh add the interface the get data works. Lets say I instead make a Child BP of that Blueprint then implement the Interface it doesn’t pick up the inherited skeletal mesh and nothing happens. Hope that makes sense ill let you know later what I figure out.

Hey,

This issue looks unusual and we just tested it inside our own project and we were successfully able to create a child BP and use a skeletal mesh to light to and interact with.

Might indeed be an issue with the GS, or project based, or what you can try is inside a clean project try to replicate the issue and tell us if it’s the still persisting.

On sale with 25% off!

Hi there,
i really wanna buy this cause it looks so simple :wink:
Could this work out of the box withinh a point & click adventure, with dynamic 3D cameras and mouse point & click control ?
if not pleeeeeeaaaaaase add it and i will instantly buy it !!
best regards
stucki

Hey,

Yup it works with clicking, There’s a checkbox you can tick on setup node to check all objects with your cursor :slight_smile:
If you look at the images you see it supports topdown, which in fact is also mouse pointing :slight_smile:

If you do get it and run into issues, let us know!

hi, i just bought it and tried to get the top-down mode working, but i cant get the char to move.
except this everything works fine !
i wrote you an e-mail, very curious on your answer :wink:

kind regards
stucki

We replied in e-mail already, however in case other people need it well reply here too.

The reason why you can’t move, probably, is because that Top Down actually uses a Navigation mesh to navigate, so if your level has none it won’t move.
The other reason could be that you selected the topdowncharacter in the gamemode but didn’t select the top down controller.