Interaction Kit - Interact with anything and anyone, anytime.

Nvm I got it working it seems something in firefox was m essing up haha, anyway I’ve got it and im trying to follow the tutorial but your going a little too fast in some parts and you block out some of the stuff with the live cam :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yes i just noticed the camera is blocking the post process settings. Thanks for pointing that out, will add a commend at that moment to clarify that :slight_smile:
For the parts where i’m a bit fast, if you have any questions you can just ask it here or on e-mail, we’ll be happy to help you out.

Well one thing I can’t see in the tutorial is how to get a object that can do someting like rotate etc. have a outline instead of the color that goes inside your character.

That’s just the outline material. If you’d like to not have that you can just try to find another outline material :slight_smile:

That’s what im struggling with, I don’t want it to highlight the skeletals, just the mesh I create that I want to use.

Hey! To turn off the filling you can go to the material at Content/Interaction/Resources/Materials/PP_OutlineCustomDepthOccolusion and set the Alpha to 0.

Ah awesome thanks, i’ve also gotten the color to go all over the object now i’m struggling to figure out how to make the outline a little thicker after that it will be perfect!

You can change that at the most-left node of the material mentioned above. It states “thickness”, just change the number to something higher :slight_smile:

Changelog V1.1

*Fix *- Now correctly lights up skeletal meshes.
Change - Now working with an Actor Component array as opposed to Skeletal Mesh Component and Static Mesh Component for the Interaction Meshes.
*Change *- Now working with an Actor Component array as opposed to Skeletal Mesh Component and Static Mesh Component for the Highlight Meshes.

6dc4997bf59aef34fdac509335028ef20c20b854.jpeg

Hi I am interested in this kit, its exactly what I have been trying to make and failing miserably. I had been getting some errors and stuff trying to make a post process material that outlines objects.

I have a question though.
Currently I am using a pretty standard system to pick up items with ‘E’ by using a linetrace, however I want to be able to have those items outlined to tell player they can indeed pick them up. Would I easily be able to add this to my inventory system? I’d love an simple explanation if so :slight_smile:

Thanks

ps. love your studios’ stuff

Hey!

It’s very easy and compatible with any system.
Look at the integration tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tRiYgtQX0I this will give you an idea how hard it is to setup.

Thanks for the reply! I’ll certainly check it out further!

Cheers

So I purchased it and I am very happy I did. Its extremely easy to use and has some great intractable examples.

I do have some questions on how to best get one part of it working with my project. For support Questions would you like me to post here, or email or another method? Thanks

Hey winterstone! Glad you liked it.

Support can be asked here, our e-mail or by Pm’ing me on the forums.
We gladly accept support here as that allows other users to also see the support and may help them out too.

However if you have secrets you don’t want out, feel free to shoot a mail at contact@-studios.net :slight_smile:

We’re live on the marketplace!

This looks like a great product. I have one question. I need my interactible actors to allow more than one action. In your examples you just have a “Press E to Use” type interface. I need something more elaborate. For instance if the item is a chest I want the options to “Open, Pick Lock, or Bash”. If it is an NPC I want to see “Talk, Threaten, or Attack” and such. Maybe there could be a menu of some type?

Is this something that would be easy to tack on to your system?
Thanks!

Im having issues with skeletal meshes. I may be doing something incorrect but it highlights perfect with static meshes following the integration tutorial but its not working with skeletal meshes. Anyone have this issue?

Hey !

Thanks for the suggestion! We hadn’t thought of that completely and while it in theory wouldn’t be hard to change the interaction based on a different key, doing it through an menu might be harder, however with some custom coding it should definitely be able to.

But we’ll try to push the different keys inputs as soon as possible.

Hey,

We are aware of this issue. We resolved this issue a week before launch but it appears the marketplace team hasn’t gotten around yet and updated the pack to the correct version. Were going to talk to the marketplace team today to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Changelog V1.2

We’ve just pushed an update based on antsonthetree’s suggestion.
You can now specify action ID’s and check what button or action ID was used to press or initiate the interact event to allow for different outcomes.

HOW TO USE: Just change the ID of the Action to any number you want and in the event graph where you change action based on what the ID integer was or the key was.

We’ll try to get the marketplace team to push this as soon as possible.

LIST:
Added Key specifier for interaction
Added Action ID specifier for interaction

Interact.png