Interaction Kit - Interact with anything and anyone, anytime.

thx very much for your answer and the email !
stucki

We’re happy you got it fixed! :slight_smile:

Hi.

Is there a way to change the font and the size of the font of the Interact Hover Text (Press E to …)?

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 12.59.02.png

Thanks in advance.

Do you mean you want to have it dynamic per message or do you want to just change it once and have it always like that? If it’s the first we’ll create that feature and push it, if it’s the latter you have to go in the UMG and change it.

How would we modify this so that the usable actors highlight does not show through other actors/walls/etc?

[MENTION=262027] Studios[/MENTION]: I got the kit integrated in to my new project and I am busy using it in a Inventory and Crafting system, but I am getting an error when I try to destroy the actor in question after adding it to my inventory.

It seems to happen when I don’t move my mouse away and the item is still being line-traced … and the destroy actor is being called. Is there a trick to doing this. I must be missing something obvious.

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out … just needed to remove collision first. Hate it when I do that. Anyway, thanks for an awesome kit, they are the easiest to integrate and definitely work as expected. 8-}

Glad you got it working!
We’ll try to push an update to fix this out of the box!

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. It was the second option I was looking for, to change the fonts once. Thanks it worked.

Happy you got it working! :slight_smile:

Hello , as for me the kit doesn´t Work . i set up everything like in the Tutorials but there is nothing , no reaction or something .
i looked into the Showcasemap and i use the exact same settings but nothing happens , i´m sure i miss something but from the setup it is complete the same as your´s

Hey,

Did you add the controller/character to the gamemode? Added the material to the PP volume?

Hey ! Fantastic kit, it’s really cut my development time down by quite a significant amount, however I’m pulling my hair out trying to find a way to detect the interacted object’s class, what I mean by this is if I were to interact with one object normally, then interact with another, I would like the player character to be able to detect WHAT object I have interacted with, instead of just sending a signal to that blueprint class to activate a function. If this possible at all or would it require an overly complicated solution?

Many thanks!

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

I’m not sure what you mean, however if you want the player to have a pointer/reference to the interacted object you can get the pawn output and cast to your player and store the value there again.

My apologies, I’m probably not explaining it very well, however I’ll try your method and get back to you! Thanks again!

Hello,

I’ve set everything up like in the tutorial, but also when I put your example Controller or Character in the Preference Settings and play with them, there is no interaction at all happening. Nothing. In the example level it all works. I don’t get why it’s not working in my project and I need it ASAP. Can you help me?

Hint: Found out it somehow has to do with the Game Mode. If I set 3rd person game mode, it works, but 1st person does not. I need 1st person though.

In your example showcase, First Person also does not work when I change the Game Mode to it.

Now I got your example working, but not my own Character and Character Controller. It’s not reacting with anything, even though it looks exactly the same as yours.

Hey, any idea why it wouldn’t work when I look at most of a static mesh? I’m using my own model and it doesn’t highlight or anything and only seems to be “interactable” when I look at a specific part of a mesh.

Hey, this seems odd. We have FP/TP/TD examples and they all work, did you add the post process blendable in your level? If not, then there’s no outline. If you did that and it doesn’t work, can you show me a screenshot of where you’re setting it up?(setup node)

Hey,

It might be something to do with collision, I’m not 100% sure it looks for complex collisions, if you dive in the code you can try to look for the traces and tick complex collision? If that doesn’t do it, could you show me a video of this issue?

I am just using your FP Character now. I don’t know where the difference to mine is supposed to be, I set it up exactly as required but only yours works. Also I have a deadline so I can’t experiment long, but I will after it. The material now works too after I figured out what to do with it.

What I wonder though - To interact with things, you have this start interaction thing I can put in blueprints, but what do I do to make an interaction stop? Like when I add a text string to it, the text never goes away since “Event interact with object” is the start of the code and I can’t put a branch before it or something. I wish there was also a stop interact with object, or maybe my thinking is off. I’m new to this. Maybe there’s a super simple solution? In your example vid you only have this flip flop, and put lights in each, and just set the intensity to 0, but this solution does not work for everything.

Hey,

Stop interacting is something that’s not by default in the system because it’s something that’s dependent on whatever object we’re interacting with. To stop an interaction you can set a bool on first interaction and when you do the 2nd interaction check if that bool is true and if it’s true do something else, like turning it off. A flipflop basically does this, but in most cases to turn something on and off you can flip flop using booleans.