In which ini file and how to setup default vr.PixelDensity?

I’m trying to find out how to set the vr.PixelDensity in ini file. I’m building for Oculus Quest and I can’t find the right spot/ini to where to enter this, as every time I build and run the apk, the vr.PixelDensity seems to always reset to 1. I would need it to be set differently.

Did you ever find an answer to this issue?

You can use a ‘Execute Console Command’ node at begin play in your level blueprint, for an easy workaround.

1 Like

vr.PixelDensity is currently not working with OpenXR. The “fix” (it’s more of a new implementation as things have changed w. OpenXR) is unfortunately not able to make a hotfix for 5.0, but it should make it to Main soon, and ship w. 5.1 on the Launcher.

Can you confirm that

vr.PixelDensity

is now working with OpenXR (any runtime)?

Confirmed!

Hi, I’m new here and would like to set vr.PixelDensity for Meta Quest (Android mode). Now I know it should work, but I have no idea where the value belongs. According to the “XR Best Practices” documentation, it should be in the “Config/DefaultEngine.ini file under SystemSettings”. But there is no “SystemSettings” section. Please help.

UE 5.3.2., plugin Meta XR 1.91.0

Edit: This is Bing answer:
" According to my research 123, the vr.PixelDensity variable should be placed in the [SystemSettings] section of the DefaultEngine.ini file. If this section is missing in the file, you can add it at the end of the file. The vr.PixelDensity variable should not be anywhere else in the file, because that could cause conflicts or invalid values. I hope that answers your question. :blush:"

Edit: Not working.

It should go under: [/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]

If it doesn’t exist in the file, you will have to add it.

1 Like

Are you sure? Value 1.5 and I see no difference.

Tested it in 5.3 and it works (on PC with SteamVR). However, the default player pawn blueprint in the VR Template has code in BeginPlay that sets it to 1, so make sure that is removed.

The OpenXR plugin will also limit the maximum pixel density to the maximum value the active OpenXR runtime allows, so might be worth checking that the runtime isn’t limiting it.

1 Like

Thank you for the info. I am a complete beginner in UE,

I have a working project for Quest 3 in Android mod so I differ from your usage but I will look into the other settings you mention. Thanks!

Edit: Finally! Now I understand why I have no reaction .ini file editing…

You saved my day sir!

By the way, pixel density ++ works great and pulls a large number of polygons (with high quality) even on Android Quest 3.

1 Like