improvements that would make fortnite better

Hello everyone I hope sees this, I am simply a Fortnite player who would like to voice some of his opinions on how to improve the game. One of these improvements is a slight rework to the item shop system. There are about 2000 skins in Fortnite and the probability you get a skin you desire is <1%. To correct this I believe there should be a fee of some sorts to obtain skins that are not currently in the item shop, or something to achieve this same result. I am aware that the rarity of skins is important due to the influx of revenue, but imagine if a new player comes to Fortnite and they want the hawk-eye skin, they would immediately spend the money necessary to get that skin, further increasing revenue. Furthermore, there is a problem with competitive, changes to ranked would include and are not limited to separating loot pools, providing rewards for achieving a certain rank and many more. This would not only bring together competitive and casual players, this would give a reason to play ranked more as well. Moreover, if more people play ranked, this would lead to more people playing in tournaments and etc etc. What made chapter 2 an amazing chapter for the game was also the balance and fun in loot pools, though you removed siphon for a very fair reason, I truly believe that it should be added back in the game. If you search best clutches in Fortnite history, clutches that popularised the game even further, they ALL only exist due to the presence of siphon. One more point I would like to make, relates to a video made by AussieAntics, this vied relates to FNCS with points I entirely agree with. These points are that, during OG season we should hold an FNCS, the first FNCS should not qualify people for the LAN, but should have a different format, such as solos, trios, squads etc (The same about the FNCS during OG seasons) however the main competitive game mode should still be duos. These points make FNCS more fun and frequent, this brings publicity to the game and makes players happier due to the more money opportunities they will receive. For a more in depth explanation, watch AussieAntics video “Why is FNCS bad.” Epic games should also aim to increase the prize-pool for competitive Fortnite. This increase in prize-pool should be very much apparent in the global championship. This increase in prize-pool can easily be achieved through crowdfunding. This crowdfunding is already very apparent in games such as valorant and many other e-sports, but its application in Fortnite would be even easier. Fortnite can release exclusive FNCS skins, and 50% of the profit of said skins could go to prize-pools. This may result in a global championship with a 20 million dollar prizepool which would encourage players from all across the world to grind harder for qualification, but would also bring more publicity to Fortnite itself. A variation to this idea is that the whole of the money collected by these skins, 50% of it should be spread across FNCS throughout the year. This would lead to the same result as the former idea. The reason for increasing the prize-pool is that it gives players an incentive to grind and play the game which would result in higher publicity, higher viewers, higher playerbase. To sum up the points I made:

1. Make skins much more accessible and easier to acquire
  2. Make ranked more genuinely fun to play
  3. add siphon back
  4. Increase the number of FNCSs
  5. increase prize pool

(points 1, 4, 5 are the most important)
This is just coming from a player who loves Fortnite from the bottom of his heart. and I hope my comments will have an impact on the game

Im doing my best as well to help Fortnite :slight_smile:
Check these posts out :wink:

Why are people posting about general and competitive Fortnite in forums specifically about UEFN and Creative?

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. While I cannot guarantee a response, I can confirm that this has been forwarded to the appropriate team.

1 Like

thank you very much for the consideration and I genuinely hope it has an impact on the future of a game I grew up playing

1 Like

as unrealistic as it may be I hope from the bottom of my heart that what I say will cause a change in the future of Fortnite battle royale going forward, a change for the better.

1 Like