Imported mesh is all black after rebuilding light ( as editor said I should)

ok ths is odd…I rebulit lighting, and now the mesh I imported,which is colliding properly now, is all black…instead of before where it was ‘lit’ at least mesh was 'visib’e…now its all black , bof cousre I can see its outline…how do I fix this or do I need to save and restart this level ?

Hi,

Did you supply a non overlapping set pf UV coordinates?
If not, the lightmap baking cannot function properly.

Cheers,
Klaus

You have to create a 2nd uv channel + lightmap -> :slight_smile:

No, as I should have noted I guess, Im very new to UE4/game development in general, so no I’d have no idea about any of that.

Hi,

What 3d modelling software are you using?

Cheers,
Klaus

Ok thank you :))

cheers
nl

Not out of preference I assure you, but given my finances won’t allow anything else, atm I use blender.

I’ts the only 3d app that’s consistently has terrible viewport perf. issues on both of my systems, where 3ds or maya never has. Anyway that’s what I use atm.

One system is a tad older at 2.1ghz dual Athlon, but my current desktop is amd Athlon x3 3.2 gz, 8gb ram and HD 7750 2gb, so I know its not me.

Anyway I don’t want this hijacked as a 3d app debate or blender vs blah, you asked, so there it is and I just felt to explain why I use what I do , to dispel any myth I prefer blender. I’ts a great app overall for all its myriad of plugins, some of which I’ve used to great success to make my current mesh ( terrain plugin), but the other issues are enough for me to want to buy something later when I have the means.

cu
nl

My question was more to be able to properly help you :slight_smile: If you use blender, there is no point in telling you how stuff works in 3dsmax :rolleyes:
Im sure a lot of blender pros can help you here.

When I started with UE4, I also used a laptop 2x2.56 GHz with 2 GB RAM and an AMD mobile graphics chip. It worked quite decent. Each application for itself. But when I was running and UE4 at the same time, the thing was belching fire… :wink: I took the opportunity to get a decent dektop (again after a long time laptop only use).
Now with 8x4.00 GHz, 32 GB RAM and a 3GB GeForce 770GTX, I can use UE4, 3dsmax, Zbrush (or Mudbox) and photoshop at the same time and still have resources for Audition and other applications :smiley:

Im still struggling with blender… In 3ds it all comes somehow more intuitive, same as Maya. Blenders UI just evades me… :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Klaus

I think it evades many…it has purpose as something free which fits many budgets that otherwise would have nothing, but it needs improving.

I never thought you would hijack anything it was just meant as a general wish, to anyone seeing the thread and I appreciated the help especially if its not your current most used 3d app of choice; and maya rock, that’s for sure.

peace out
nl