[IMPORTANT] Upgraded Devices Reminder - Feedback and Bug Reports

We would like to provide an additional reminder for an upcoming change to Creative islands using upgraded devices by default. Starting in v26.30, all islands made with Fortnite Creative will transition to v2 Devices.

Please use this thread for feedback and issues you may have with that transition.

Learn what improvements you’ll be getting in v2 Devices: https://www.fortnite.com/news/fortnite-creative-v23-00-update

9 Likes

Hello, with this conversion, the memory will increase significantly on all maps ( for example my map IMPOSTOR will go from 97k to 120k having duplicated the map and unless you delete more than half of the map it is impossible to go below 110k ) Are you going to be able to optimize the devices to cost as little memory as possible? Or will it be possible to access more memory to counter the significant increase?

Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Is there any information on what date the v26.20 update releases, or at least an estimate?

1 Like

I have a major concern about the V2 devices Flak.
I only have one island converted to the V2 devices but I believe everyone noticed that the V2 Devices memory size is increased however what is even more critically worrying that when the auto convert happens, islands with 99k memory likely will break because of this.
I’m not sure if it’s been made aware to the team.
Thank you

1 Like

There are still critical bugs with v2 devices which need resolving. Mainly; Island settings (pre game timer not honored), Matchmaking portals (when art setting enabled no thumbnail shows.), speakers (do not play audio when triggered). All have been reported with the form long ago but still not fixed.

I also have a question in relation to other upcoming changes. What process will happen with MM portals when thumbnails change to squares? Will MM portals in island remain at 16:9 or are they going to automatically be resized to 1:1. This is something creators need to know in advance.

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve gathered all issues I’ve experienced so far, some of these issues may also be prominent with 1.0 devices also.
My biggest concern is how memory expensive most devices are, will they be optimized to cost the same, if not less than 1.0 devices?

• Fishing Zones not registering a catch granting the player nothing when set to “Trigger Only” and “Device Inventory”, and otherwise only granting a few random items (Thermal Fish, SMG, and Small Fry.)

• VFX Creator’s VFX “Sprite Shape” is blurred or squared regardless of settings.

• Sports bike Spawner costing 17,000+ memory initially.

• Vending Machines do not show prices unless it is the default style.

• Items purchased from Vending Machines will sometimes get stuck in the ground or inside the Machine if the player has a full inventory. (new issue)

• Collision on Props like the new plants and the Health Power-Up cause players to rubberband or glitch through them instead of passing through them.

• Pre-game timer setting ignored and always starts in 10 seconds regardless of setting.

• Pre-game Spawn Pads continue to spawn players once the game phase has started, outside of the pre-game lobby phase.

• The text of Billboards will bug out and disappear until you get close enough and look directly at them. Billboards also only show top left area of text

• When the game ends everything is destroyed and reset, upon reset supports of some buildings will disappear causing the building to be destroyed once back in the create phase.

• Player Reference Device won’t always update correctly nor track stats “Eliminated” and “Score” correctly. (I’ve only got it to work right a few times, but it mostly just updates with 0 regardless of stats.)

• Conditional Buttons disappear when set to “Hologram Only” in create phase, it should at least appear as a holographic button so you can still see and grab it in the create phase like other devices.

• Matchmaking Portal will not display thumbnail if set to “Enable as Art” “Yes”.

• Item Placers still Show Rarity Effects even when set to “Off”.

• Teleporters display a default “carbon” cylindrical mesh sometimes (Not sure what causes it)

• Unable to sound test the Speaker device in creative phase, sometimes the sound isn’t heard when triggered in the game phase.

• Lock Device will bug out and make the door it is connected to stuck closed, there will be no prompt to open an unlocked door.

This is everything I can remember so far, if there is more I will reply under this comment. (I found out you can edit comments, so I will just add in the extra issues I find)

Thank you for reading and good luck in fixing these issues!:blue_heart:

7 Likes

The biggest problem I’ve currently found with V2 devices is that audio volume randomly resets to zero, even without touching the devices - and honestly, very often, even when they’re set correctly, they just flat out don’t play, or play the wrong sound.

One more would be that when joining in-progress in UEFN games (likely as they use V2 devices), sometimes you run into the issue where sounds do not play for the rest of the game, and HUD message devices do not show up either.

1 Like

Hey Keenéo9, You can optimize your memory by using World Partition Setting in UEFN.
Here is a cool tutorial by JSFILMZ for better understanding :- https://youtu.be/W3fo9Exso58

Hope that helps :heart:

1 Like

After a 2.0 conversion, some old trap versions of devices (like the Movement modifier) that could be useful as items (ex: in chests for PvP maps) are gone from the inventory, because they are replaced by the device version. I have old maps that made good use of these trap versions as items, so it would be great to have them back!

What’s the point of this thread? I see that people have raised concerns but no response from Epic. I too have all of these concerns but my experience with this in the past is that Epic doesn’t really care and will push forward regardless. Is this some empty attempt to make the creators feel “heard”? I see no evidence otherwise. Sorry for the harsh take, but this is how I feel. Hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

Hey all,

We understand the issues you’re having with memory consumption and are working on ways to make memory allocation more cost-efficient. There are other improvements we are working on and will share more when we have more information.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m new, I’m just starting, I have no experience, could someone tell me where I should register for the new version and be able to create sking for the game ? like clothes or shoes ?

This also majorly concerns me with the V2 Devices are not optimised for 99k island will break after the auto-convert.
Flak, we’re curious if this island breaking issue to come has been addressed and devices memory will stay the same in the update.

IMG_4827

Vehicles:

• After converting to V2, the “Unlimited Boost” setting does not start at full.
  • The fastest V2 boost recharge speed is slower than the original V1 speed. The conversion is not equivalent, as seen in the attached images/video.

Movement Modulator Device:

• Can’t disable the activation VFX.
  • I wish conversion rate was more understandable. V1 “Very Fast” is roughly the equivalent of V2 “2,” but upon switching, is set to 5; which is over the possible limit.
  • The conversion speed from V1 to V2 is entirely inaccurate, as seen according to the attached images/video.

These changes have heavily effected several of my games, primarily Truck Pursuit.

This was also posted in the Creative Discord under #v2-devices-feedback-issues

1 Like

Thanks for the report @FLCN :+1:

Sports bike Spawner costing 17,000+ memory initially.
that is on all vehicles first is over 10K thats normal *

Vending Machines do not show prices unless it is the default style.
known bug… put a price tag on top with a Billboard

• Items purchased from Vending Machines will sometimes get stuck in the ground or inside the Machine if the player has a full inventory.
    Set the settings to spawn at playerposition should fix the issue

• Pre-game timer setting ignored and always starts in 10 seconds regardless of setting.
    You changed it in the island settings? there it works on every island for me

• Pre-game Spawn Pads continue to spawn players once the game phase has started, outside of the pre-game lobby phase.
    Check when they are on… put them on just “on creating” and the other spawnpads as Allways and on no island start. that should fix it

• Conditional Buttons disappear when set to “Hologram Only” in create phase, it should at least appear as a holographic button so you can still see and grab it in the create phase like other devices.
    there are two settings of visiblity and 2 settings of enableing in game… Check the settings

• Lock Device will bug out and make the door it is connected to stuck closed, there will be no prompt to open an unlocked door.
    Have you connect that to another device… it works perfect for me

• When the game ends everything is destroyed and reset, upon reset supports of some buildings will disappear causing the building to be destroyed once back in the create phase.
    you have to set un UEFN fortnite buildings and fortnite Props(aswell self created) sometimes on “can be damaged” check out the mark at the buildings and assets get destroyed

Teleporters display a default “carbon” cylindrical mesh sometimes
Just in edit Session not in Published Version

• Unable to sound test the Speaker device in creative phase, sometimes the sound isn’t heard when triggered in the game phase.
    BlueSpeaker you can test with set on “play when damage”
    RedSpeaker is like the radio…

Item Placers still Show Rarity Effects even when set to “Off”
That should be fixed since 25.30

• Matchmaking Portal will not display thumbnail if set to “Enable as Art” “Yes”.
    in UEF you can use Fortnite/Meshes/Basic Shapes/… For the art
    Just Import the picture in uefn place the Mesh and "Drag and drop the Picture on it.
    (Cheaper as a matchmaking Device and no problems with it)

• The text of Billboards will bug out and disappear until you get close enough and look directly at them. Billboards also only show top left area of text

Set it on infinite Visual… and keep it a few cm away from every wall or asset it will glitch in … but infinitive and away from asset should keep it visual

So that is all i know … have fun with fixing

1 Like

Hy i found a fix for the memory overflow… at Migrate an High Memory island to UEFN

Its a lot of steps to recreate…

• Copy 1,0 Map
  • migrate 1.0 to UEFN
  • Create a new UEFN Project
  • Copy Level of the Migrated island to the New map see here: https://youtu.be/cqgE7VzhSNM?si=IwWHNAgwJlwe_OT_
  • Close UEFN and Fortnite
  • start UEFN
  • load the new UEFN
  • Load the NEW “Copied” level
  • go in topview and mark all of it
  • ctrl + C
  • change to the main Level of the same island
  • ctrl + V
  • Save and issue is fixed

if something unclear contact me on Discord Jekyll_H_Y_D_E#6016

if you get errors on that you have to delete Ghostfiles what happen at migration to create in big islands. Contact me if you have them (does not happens with all maps)

hope that helps
Greetings to everyone

Here’s what I found -

The timer device won’t allow being renamed.
The HUD can and will still show Creature eliminations, whether or not the given HUD element is off.
The elimination manager will still do eliminated penalty, taking away the gold of a player, regardless of the setting being turned off.

I will update this as I find more

1 Like

I would appreciate if the unnecessary islands could be completely removed from the creator portal. I don’t mean archiving, but complete removal.