i'm having this bug and idk how to fix it

Hi, I’ve recently installed UE 5.1 because i wanted to start learning how to use it. earlier today i tried to start but i have this problem like shown in the video. Anyone know of a solution? this is the link to the video: UE v5.1 glitch - YouTube

Any chance you’re using a dual monitor setup with that on the 2nd screen? I get it sometimes, but only on monitor 2…

Hey there @jackaboy_2161! Welcome to the community! This issue can be caused by a significant number of things. I’ve brought a couple of threads with lots of different possible solutions. Often MPO (or any overlay done by graphics software really(ie Rivaturner, Afterburner, etc. )) is the fault for these types of issues. Though there’s multiple types: Graphical artifacting/black flashing, Menus moving rapidly but don’t black out, and menus opening and closing at frame speeds (DPI).

Most relevant:

Not as relevant but still many good fixes for issues like this:

Let me know which of them (if any) works for you!

I do have a 2 monitor setup but UE is on my main monitor, I’ll try unplugging it and see if that helps

Thank you, I followed the reverting back to main nvidia panel settings and now it works

1 Like