IKinema now available in UE4 for $19,99/month for movie like procedural animation

Fantastic! If this works as well as Mixamo’s auto rigging then consider me a subscriber! I definitely need something to help automate my pipeline. I’m a lone developer on a fairly ambitious project so anything that can help me save time (and money) is a god send.

Hello ,

I’ve just subscribed to the 20 a month service.

Per the UE4 installation instruction page:
#Loading IKinema Plugin in UE4

When i go to the application page and login to download the unreal engine runtime :
http://www.ikinema.com//index.php

It just hangs at “In progress, Please Wait”
Capture.PNG

I’m probably missing something obvious.
Is there something else i need to do to get the UE4 runtime to install properly?

Also what is the latest version of UE4 that this is compatible with?

[QUOTE=alltrueist;219532]

I’m probably missing something obvious.
Also what is the latest version of UE4 that this is compatible with?

I was able to get this to work by using firefox rather than chrome for .

The guys at Ikinema (especially Ahmed) have created an incredible tool and are very supportive. Got it up and running live streaming from Optitrack straight into UE4.7 engine. Really clean tracking both rigid bodies and fully rigged characters. Nice work!

Ikinema plugin updated to 4.8 yet? Does anyone know?

Okay just found out, it’s updated to 4.8 :slight_smile:

Is there a way to try Ikinema on a 30 day trial basis for UE 4?

Hi, Yes - the trial comes with access to the UE4 plugin!

Advanced foot placement with reversed foot setup and IKinema

Hi guys,

In the latest update of our UE4 integration we have added advanced foot placement node that does
inverse foot setup with toe-heel interaction, see below for more info

I’m trialing this right now. is interesting, albeit a little crashy.

What I am trying to do is get a procedural IK setup working for VR arms. Using the PS Move, I want to feed in location/rotation data for the hand, and move the shoulder, elbow, arms, hands, etc accordingly.

I have it sorta working with Fabrik, but the local to world to component space stuff annoys me, so I decided to try Ikinema. I am using the existing prototype skeleton that comes with Ue4.

So far, I can’t get the skeleton rigged right in . All of the documentation or examples are either not-applicable, or in the case of the scorpion sample, so specifically limited that they don’t answer any of the questions. The bone-chain for the tail is naturally limited just by how it’s assembled. There’s no question as to whether the wrist or elbow need to move accordingly.

Existing documentation also seems to be lacking since it mostly covers retargeting or adapting animations. Is this something Ikinema can do, and if so, How do I get this to work?

On a positive note, the Ue4 runtime side looks nice, I just don’t know where to start to get it working.

TLDR - Want to use Ikinema for VR arms/head movements. No documentation, and can’t get it to work.

Any plans on adding other payment options? I am not a huge fan of Paypal.

Perfect, will subscribe for sure later on when project needs it. Glad to see that it supports 100 characters on solid frame rate.

Just subscribed, this service looks quite amazing and the price is affordable :slight_smile:

PS: Any plans for facial animation yet?

IKinema crashes source versions of ue 4.8.1 and 4.8.2, but works in binnary 4.8.1.
How to fix it?

[QUOTE=2rusbekov;337714]
IKinema crashes source versions of ue 4.8.1 and 4.8.2, but works in binnary 4.8.1.
How to fix it?

You would need source or at least libs, to build it for your own source.
There is difference between binary from launcher and when you create your own binary from source.

[QUOTE=iniside;338107]
You would need source or at least libs, to build it for your own source.
There is difference between binary from launcher and when you create your own binary from source.

It works with source builds. There is no need to compile plugin.
On 1 machine it works fine, but crushes on other. What is it?

How long after a UE4 release does it take for Ikinema to update on average?

Figure that’s a better question for future reference then just asking when it comes out for 4.9 :slight_smile:

I use Maya LT and now it has an updated version of HIK. Does Ikinema work well with Maya LT and HIK?

Ok I have this error when trying to generate project files, for promoted build from github:
ERROR: Couldn’t find module rules file for module ‘IKinema’.
I’m using the FromSource version of plugin, which I would think will be compatible with any source version of engine from github or at least it wouldn’t stop project files from generating and just crash on compilation.

Any ideas ?

Ok I manahed to fix previous issues by commenting out:
if (Target.Platform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Win64)
{
AddThirdPartyPrivateStaticDependencies(Target, “IKinema”);
}

In IKinemaEditor.build.cs, but now project ask me to recompile plugin, which is not possible due to missing either source source or headrs + libs.
I tried full rebuild from visual studio, but it doesn’t yield any errors.