IKinema now available in UE4 for $19,99/month for movie like procedural animation

Hi guys,

The 4.10 version will be available by the end of this week. Just a note, we are changing the subscription model with a perpetual license for small studios that is linked to a UE4 binary release. The rig creation will be done directly within the editor like below; We expect this to be done by early December! I will update the group here.

Hi,

I subscribed today and downloaded the unreal engine RunTime Plugin.

So what im missing is, where can i read the current compatible unreal engine version?

I have tried the plugin on 4.8.3, 4.9 and 4.10 but on all these builds i get this message:

“Plugin ‘IKinema’ failed to load because module ‘JsonUtils’ does not appear with the current version of the engine. The plugin may need to be recompiled.”

So i quess i would need to build the engine from source (as described here: http://www.ikinema.com/index.php?mod=forum&forum=6&theme=141)

But what UE version is currently supported?

Hi BulleTime,

Currently, through we support 4.9. In the download pack their should be two folder “Launcher” and “FromSource”. Depending on where you get your version of Unreal, please copy the content of these folders to your engine or project “Plugins” folder.

For 4.10, we are moving to a new approach, where you can create your rigs within the unreal editor, without needing to go through .

Thanks

[QUOTE=IKinema;427278]
Hi BulleTime,

Currently, through we support 4.9. In the download pack their should be two folder “Launcher” and “FromSource”. Depending on where you get your version of Unreal, please copy the content of these folders to your engine or project “Plugins” folder.

For 4.10, we are moving to a new approach, where you can create your rigs within the unreal editor, without needing to go through .

Thanks

Ahmed

Is the 4.10 version now available?

Is it possible somehow to use IKinema in opensource project?

[QUOTE=IKinema;427278]
Hi BulleTime,

Thanks

Ahmed

This is not working for 4.9 for both (Launcher or FromSource). The only way i can get the editor startup without errors is to compile 4.9 from source with change (Versions.h #define BUILT_FROM_CHANGELIST 1) and the “Launcher” plugin files. However when i import the IKinema Rig, its empty.

Hi BelleTime,

In the screenshot you showed, can you please click on the Window menu item and select an option to show details tab or something similar. Can’t remember the name exactly for it. But this should show you the settings.

IKinema, that was kinda the problem. I also updated my UE version to 4.9.2 and now the “Launcher” plugin works!

However my following problem is that the character is rotated and going wierd ingame. Anyone understands why?

dc6196f9e571866a4cbefa1138d6b963df0c5ee4.jpeg
0ca438cba9c7a950d0b571df547e83eae08f5fe4.jpeg

I noticed that when i save my rig as .wa and reopen it, the rig is also rotated, but when i move one of the helpers it gets back in the right position.

AFTER SAVE AND REOPEN .wa file:

c302c8d3271d977e328a46072990e7675134b340.jpeg

Hi, could you please email your asset? we need to see this to be able to comment …

Ive send you the email.

Hello.

I want allow users to create mods for game, so in such a case it is required to deliver ik-solvier code with UE4 editor and assets to modder somehow. Is it possible somehow in case of subscription model (legal issues)?

Hi there,

Unfortunately this is not possible with the subscription model. We have OEM models that are suitable, but you need to get in touch with . Thanks

Is there any update on when the 4.10 version be released? I’m a newer subscriber. Do you guys send updates via email or post notes anywhere on things like this?

I saw a link for the new ikinema plugin on their website
http://www.ikinema.com/index.php?mod=indie_games
Has anyone downloaded it? I am waiting for the rigger in Unreal

Is the website offline? I can`t visit www.Ikinema.com

website is now working… but was for me ~24 hours not available

Glitch on the hosting infrastructure …

BTW, the Game middleware has changed to a new product, http://www.ikinema.com/index.php?mod=indie_games

@anonymous_user_f388629a

Will you guys be releasing your VR IK solver at a reasonable price for indies? Very interested in it especially after attending GDC.

What would be the biggest difference between the VR IK solver SDK and the existing Game IK solver SDK?

Hi guys,

Yes we will be launching new VR solving capabilities in our RunTime Indie toolset in the next couple of weeks. This will be using the standard input from VR controllers - HTC Vive, Oculus Touch and PSVR

I got the IKinema demo, but the zip folder wont open.

Error for IKinema.jpg

keeps telling me this and I downloaded 2 other times with the same thing. :frowning:

Hey Chadalaki,

I believe that issue should be resolved now.

Also, I would like to point you to the more recent thread for IKinema RunTime related info (this one is legacy at this point ^^).

Link To Current Thread: IKinema RunTime available to small and indie studios for £99 - Community & Industry Discussion - Epic Developer Community Forums