I lost access to my UEFN projects after format

Summary

Hello,
I’m having an issue with my UEFN projects. I recently made a format of my disk but I saved my projects as .rar file. Since lack of knowledge I unfortunately haven’t checked them in Revision Control. When I downloaded UEFN on a fresh system, I figured out that I cannot open them anymore. Is there anything I can do to get again access to my maps? Basically there are .uefnproject and .uasset files. Any fix to back them up?

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Assets

Steps to Reproduce

1. Don’t save project into Revision Control and save it as .rar file
  2. Format PC
  3. Try to open this .rar file on a new system

Expected Result

Observed Result

Making it possible to get access to my uefn maps, or at least import the assets into fresh project

Platform(s)

PC, UEFN

ss2
ss1

Yeah, with the importance of checking in, there needs to be alarms and flashing lights for any project that goes too long without it.

OK, so you can extract the files, and it looks like they have retained their folder structure ?

Close UEFN and move the extracted files to another folder like C:\MyMaps, then can you browse to that folder with the UEFN open project screen ?

And check before you browse, when you open UEFN with an empty Fortnite Projects folder, do you get the option to download any of your maps, even if they are empty ?

1 Like

Never mind, I actually managed to fix my problem. Respect for the guy that invented this method. Here is the fix that works:

1 Like