How to use a single switch to toggle different lights

Hi Guys

I’m quite new with UE. I have been working in a lighting design project but I’m struggling with switching different lighting scenes. I have 3 lighting scenes: Welcome scene (all lights on), Accent scene (Downlights on only), Ambient scene (Cove and decorative on only)

what I need to do is: click one scene and disable the others 2. ie. I click ambient scene button and accent and welcome are off (disable)

Some how my lighting scenes are overwriting each other however, I do not want that. I want to have separate scenes with their own lights.

I already link with dispatchers a control plate widget with my level blueprint.

I hope someone could help me.

many thanks.

attached my level blueprint for your easy reference

It is very hard to tell what is wrong because your blueprint is really messy. Also you do not need dispatchers and flip-flops for this.

The easiest method for now is this. I suggest you create three functions:

1. ToggleWelcomeScene

2. ToggleAccentScene

3. ToggleAmbientScene.

Each function should have one input - boolean. When you press on Welcome, call ToggleWelcomeScene with true input, ToggleAccentScene with false and ToggleAmbientScene with false. Do correspondingly for the rest two buttons.

Then inside every function use SetVisibility and connect the value from function input to it, so that you do not need to repeat code.

Everything should look something like this:

Hi

Problem solved, Thank you very much.

I this case I still need the dispatchers because I created the control plate (buttons) in a widget blueprint.
I thought dispatcher was the best way to link/communicate widget blueprint (control plate design) with level blueprint (where my light points are).

Again, many thanks.