How to make invisible wall to stop light in an area (hard to explain click for details)

if you grab the default cube and uncheck the ‘render in main pass’ option in the rendering section of it’s details pane the mesh will block light creating a shadow, but will not be visible.

2 Likes

Hey.
So basically I am making a top down game and have a building that when walked into the roof disappears so you will be able to see your character as its inside of the house, the problem is that my directional light then shines into the house causing problems like shadows from walls of house, doesn’t let me customize in house lighting etc…

I was thinking maybe their is a way I can just make a “cube” over my house and make it invisible but blocks light?
Something that will stop light from going into the house

(Please dont just say turn shadows off or not affected by light for the stuff in house and directional light because I still want shadows in house just not by directional light, I also still want stuff outside to be lit with shadows so that wouldnt work)

Thanks, worked perfect!

works perfectly thanks

awesome thanks!
i just noticed that in ue5 there’s also “hidden shadow” which allows you to set it hidden in game and cast shadows.

2 Likes