How to lower amount of color bleeding onto other objects from lighting?

The colors of the ground are bouncing onto the materials of actors on it. I know this is natural, but it has become very pronounced in my case and is quite repulsive as it creeps up about halfway on them. I was trying to tinker with lighting settings to learn, but I just can’t seem to get this to go away even when I reset everything I tinkered with back to default values. Clearly I am missing something here, but I cannot figure out what.

I tried looking for similar issues already, and found a solution for someone else’s problem involving replacing the lightmass in the material. I have tried that and the results do not change. I have also tried setting my roughness all the way up to 1 and that also does not affect the results. I think its definitely a lighting issue and not a material one, because this was not occurring before I started trying to make better lighting for my scene.

Help would be appreciated!

1 Like

It’s Lumen, it’s supposed to do this :slight_smile:

Most direct solution would be to turn off Lumen.

Otherwise, you might get some mileage by tweaking the lumen reflections

Hi, thanks for your help! For those with the same issue: I couldn’t get it to look good with Lumen enabled, so I disabled Lumen and replaced it with “None” to get the best results. Using Screen Space resulted in pitch black shadows for me and it was only when I realized that “None” was even an option that I could finally start to actually work on lighting.

Also recently learned to, for those who plan to bake their lighting you will need to move everything over into a new level after disabling Lumen due to some lightmass settings not being able to be changed once a level is created with Lumen enabled. Afterwards, baking should work again like normal when disabling the lightmass setting for “Force no precomputed lighting”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.