How to keep Exposure Same

UE5 PR2
I made a clip where I move camera inside and outside of a house, Its a walk-through clip, and I noted that the exposure value would fluctuate a lot, up until now I would manually adjust exposure value but Now I can’t ( I can but That’d take a lot time since It moves to a lot of locations)

So basically How can I have same exposure at all locations using Lumen,
Thank You.

Set exposure metering mode to manual in your post process volume, then adjust the exposure compensation until your reach your desired exposure

Sure Will try this asap

I tried it and I ran into another problem, It would lit up the objects I wanted but then every other thing would turn too much dark

That’s because the desired exposure depends on how much light is in view. This is why auto-exposure exists.

I see, I’m trying to look on few tutorials to see how others set their scene in this problem

There’s no good solution to this other than setting up your auto exposure carefully to avoid excessive fluctuations in brightness. Which is more difficult to do in some scenes than others.

UE5 has a local exposure post process which allows different exposures for different parts of the screen, it works pretty well and does a good job smoothing out shifts in exposure, I posted about it here.

An less realistic solution that has some benefits is to use a low intensity directional light. Since the sun is usually the brightest light in the scene, this reduces the dynamic range and produces less jarring auto-exposure transitions. The tradeoff with this is that it means all the other lights in the scene will appear to be unrealistically bright by comparison.

Thanks man, I checked Your thread but unfortunately I can’t find the settings, I got into world settings through Main but It’s not there, Maybe they changed the location from one of the builds

for sun being brightest, It’s really bright, sometimes I had to go in negative exposure to be able to see other smaller objects so I’ll gladly take anything over it

Also as you said in other thread, is it beneficial to use Directional Light + Sky Atmosphere over SunSky ? I haven’t seen anyone using Sunsky so I was wondering if it’s the correct method

It’s in the post process volume

The SunSky atmosphere uses the Sky Atmosphere system, the main benefit of it is that it is pre-configured out of the box to give realistic results and it has logic in it to handle the sun position given time/date/coordinates which makes it really useful for archviz where you need to be able to simulate the path of the sun in that location.

The main drawback of it is well… it’s realistic. Which limits its flexibility. By default it has a 75,000 lux directional light, which gives you a realistic dynamic range but as I noted previously, it means your auto-exposure transitions can be pretty harsh at times.

Thanks, thats wokred a treat. I’ve been looking for a solution to this, but being new to UE I thought it was something I was doing wrong.