How to keep a light on while out of camera range

In my scene as soon as the camera comes in range of light, it turns on and so when you look at the whole clip it doesn’t come off good

using static rect light with radius of 1000, I tested and Radius is in camera range so that shouldn’t be a issue
Any solution or Hint of where to look to would be appreciated, Thank You

Hello !

I found this solution in the forums:

This can be done in the Project Settings > Rendering section.

Look in the Culling properties tab under Min Screen Radius for Lights. The default is 0.03, but you can try lower values to get the results you desire.

I hope it helps you!

2 Likes

Thanks man I tried changing these values but unfortunately it didn’t work, on plus side I got to know there’s many settings that I can access through here :grin:

1 Like

Now that I look closely, it looks like is not that the shadow are dissapearing but the reflections.

Try to put a “Sphere Reflection Capture” in the place that the shadow is dissapearing, adjust its “Influence Radius” and build lights again.

Maybe that can help

I’m using lumen and I think as far as it goes lumen doesn’t use reflection captures since it’s real time

Put your light as Movable, even if it’s not very important. Have you checked “Use hardware ray tracing when available”? And are you using Epic or Cinematic scalability settings?