I am trying to figure out how to debug an android build ON THE DEVICE. 4.16 supposedly has a new feature making android debugging easier, which as I understand involves the following:
- [Engine Source Folder] Run GenerateBatchFiles.bat with the “-vsdebugandroid” flag
- [In Engine] Package the game for Android as DEVELOPMENT, and install the packaged build to device
- [In VS2017] Set the project as the startup project
- [In VS2017] Set Configuration to DEVELOPMENT-ANDROID
- [In VS2017] Debug → Start New Instance
For me, at step #5, immediately after the build completes successfully, an error message pops up saying it can’t find the .so file for the project (the Android static library file, I assume). “Unable to start program ‘C:/xxx/yyy/zzz/MyProject.so’ The system cannot find the file specified.” And this is currently where I am stuck.
Have I set the wrong configuration in #4?
Did I miss a step somewhere? Is VS2017 not set up correctly? (Yes, I have common tools installed)
Any hint/guidance to get this debugger to work would be greatly appreciated!