How the engine finds the map to load?

I have a third person map which is loaded when the editor starts, and when I see in output logs it has bunch of lines that the map is not found, file not found ThirdPersonExampleMap

how to fix? Its hard to see other logs when game is running.

Hey @Alexa.Ki, I’m not sure this will help, but in the log it says “…/…/UEDPIE_0_ThirdPersonExampleMap”. It adds the prefix ‘UEDPIE_0_’ to the file name. Maybe it got altered at some point? Have you tried just reassigning the map as the DefaultMap?

For this, go in the Editor into Edit/ProjectSettings, go into the Maps & Modes tab. There you can select the level to load when opening the Editor (Editor Startup Map) and the level that loads when starting the game (Game Default Map).

Hope this helps

thank you sir for reply, yes I tried this and not helps :tired_face:

I found this not-working solution, Post , I know why this happened to me, I just

renamed the ThirdPersonCPP to MyGameAssets and this issue started.

I renamed MyGameAssets to ThirdPersonCPP and the issue is not fixed.

I fixed redirectors and still the issue is not fixed…

waiting for an working answer, where are the unreal dev’s since this issue is very common and I found many posts about this but nobody replied with fix.

Mm if the error was caused by a class changing its name, then it might be because that file was being used by blueprint and now the engine can’t find it and weird stuff happens. I’m still not sure if this is the case, but try adding a new line to you DefaultEngine.ini file. This file is located in your Config folder inside the project main directory.

Maybe this documentation helps Core Redirects | Unreal Engine Documentation.

thank you sir for repy, this document helps alot to understand the engine more in deep, as far as i remember i followed these all steps before and they don’t solve the issue.
the solution for me is in this post SOLUTION

I rebuilded the engine and project