How does this get updated?

I used Score Manager but it idoesn’t update for some reason but when I press tab it shows the score won or on the right hand side there is a trophey I get the score won on next to it

Do you have use Team Score enabled in the Island Settings?

No it wan’t enabeled but when I enebaled it nothing changed it didn’t update the score

Can you share the settings of the score manager device?

And when you activate this the players take the score but it doesnt reflect on the team hud up top?

Yes, also I am using 2 devices one for each team
I just started a session I will send you an image where the score gets updated

Thats not the score thats your wins

Team Score ≠ Team Wins, Score is local to the round and doesn’t carry across different rounds (With the exception of save point device but unrelated to this case)

1 Like

AAAAH… i thought its the same … well is it possible to show the wins like here?

Unfortunately not, sry.

Ah well its alright

By the way if I use a save device and award a point to the team on objective completed then for the next round it will save right? this way I can show case the wins make the points count as the wins … this would work right?

Not sure, just an idea, but I wonder if the top HUD score is affected by the Send Event on Scoring setting,

Change the value from 999 to 1 and see if it updates.

It only mentions generating the On Score Output event for other linked devices, but I’m thinking maybe it could also affect the top HUD score, if it behaves like it is a linked device ???

I believe it wont change, that option will send an event when a certain score is acheived, I wanted to trigger to add points when the timer ends or when the cinematic device stops also I am trying to do it with verse, I tried to use a trigger device and it updated the score and know im trying to figure out how can I use the timer device or the cinematic device as a trigger

1 Like

I suppose it could work but it would be really difficult to make it work because save point saves across sessions and there’s a chance it might even duplicate because I assume all player will try to load the score thus making it bigger than intended

If i clear the save when the game ends then i believe it won’t be a problem i tried it by the way and it worked but the problem is that the main hud didnt update only the scoreboard (TAB) i think its because the score manager doesn’t save the score at all and there is no way (I know of) can make it happen.
I tried to create with verse a variable that updates when the score does but I couldnt get it to save between rounds it just keep reseting (if I could fix this this it will be a nice way to fix the problem)

Try to use session weakmaps I believe those can carry across rounds

Yes I tried that but for some reason the code doesnt intialise here is it if you want to check

var GlobalATKTeam:weak_map(session, int) = map{}
var GlobalDEFTeam:weak_map(session, int) = map{}
OnBegin<override>()<suspends>:void=

Session := GetSession()
        if (ATKTeamValue := GlobalATKTeam[Session]):
            if (set GlobalATKTeam[Session] = 0):
                Print("Initialized ATK Team Score to 0")
        if (DEFTeamValue := GlobalDEFTeam[Session]):
            if (set GlobalDEFTeam[Session] = 0):
                Print("Initialized DEF Team Score to 0")
Loads(Agent:?agent):void=
        Print("Tessssst")
        Playspace: fort_playspace = GetPlayspace()
        AllPlayers: []player = Playspace.GetPlayers()

for (PlayerAgent : AllPlayers):

Session := GetSession()
            if (ATKTeamValue := GlobalATKTeam[Session]):
                if ( GlobalATKTeam[Session] = 1):
                    DefsScore.Trigger(PlayerAgent)
                    Print("AAA")
                else:
                     AtckScore.Trigger(PlayerAgent)
                    Print("DDD")

(post deleted by author)