How do I use FAB for megascan bridge??

I try to use Quixel bridge but it got updated.

After that , instead of Download, they said “get it in fab”

and I visited Fab.com.

I have to manually download all textures and model, and add those things into editor one by one.

This is terrible!!

I try to search about it, but there’s no question or issue.

really? nobody has problem with it??

4 Likes

Same for me, and the fab website keep crashing. The migration from quixel to fab seems like a real mess ! Can’t download asset anymore directly to UE

4 Likes

Yeah, since FAB just launched, I can no longer download assets from bridge, it says “asset not available in uasset format”, if I create a new account and try it, it says “get from FAB”. Now FAB can’t download .uasset files like bridge can, importing them into UE is very cumbersome.

1 Like

It seems that this situation will not be alleviated until the official launch of FAB integration in a few days.

1 Like

Thank for the info !

When is supposed to be the official launch ?

Since they removed to us the capability to use Quixel to download assets directly into UE and are forwarding us to FAB, they DID launch it for me

2 Likes

Please let me know if you are able to find a fix before they launch the official FAB integration. I am also getting the same uasset format error.

Did they explicitly say “a few days” anywhere or is it just “soon”?

Really bummed out by this. I was just starting my university project in Unreal, and I was really looking forward to creating a nature environment using Megascans assets…

2 Likes

The same problem. This “perfect”, “wonderful” release of the so-called “fab” has ruined most of our team’s work today.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m also a college student who has just started using Unreal Engine. I think there is currently no way to import Megascans assets into UE as uassets, it can only be done manually. The official only said that “the Fab integration in the Unreal Engine 5 Editor is coming soon”, but I think since the official has migrated everything to FAB, it means that most of the preparations have been made, and the guarantee for it to work normally should be online soon.

1 Like