Yeah, since FAB just launched, I can no longer download assets from bridge, it says “asset not available in uasset format”, if I create a new account and try it, it says “get from FAB”. Now FAB can’t download .uasset files like bridge can, importing them into UE is very cumbersome.
Please let me know if you are able to find a fix before they launch the official FAB integration. I am also getting the same uasset format error.
Did they explicitly say “a few days” anywhere or is it just “soon”?
Really bummed out by this. I was just starting my university project in Unreal, and I was really looking forward to creating a nature environment using Megascans assets…
Sorry, I’m also a college student who has just started using Unreal Engine. I think there is currently no way to import Megascans assets into UE as uassets, it can only be done manually. The official only said that “the Fab integration in the Unreal Engine 5 Editor is coming soon”, but I think since the official has migrated everything to FAB, it means that most of the preparations have been made, and the guarantee for it to work normally should be online soon.
bump, still no improvements. fab is unusable at the current state and bridge is broken. idk what are ppl supposed to do if their project is time sensitive?
There’s should be a new Fab Plugin available in your Epic Games Store → Unreal Engine → Vault.
also, make sure the Epic Games Store is updated to the latest version
Still not fixed! This is crap! On top of it, I find it on Bridge, but then it doesn’t exist in FAB or at least can’t be found via search. I click the get on fab and it takes me to the quixel home and i can’t find the asset. FIX THIS!
It seems that Quixel bridge no longer works for metahuman or megasan assets, so it looks like that migration to FAB was just handy way to remove all assets from UE support.
the situation with the bridge is not great indeed. I understand we’re supposed to use Fab now but the search there is terrible for quixel. there’s a bunch of categories shown that are not on offer in Fab, navigating categories was much much nicer in bridge, it’s a clear downgrade in my experience so far and I hope it will be improved
The thing is, even though the only option is to download from fab and add to the project manually I don’t even know what to dowload… when you click on the download button (when on fab) you have like 10 options to choose from and am really not sure which one to pick for my project.
Please make bridge work again it was so much faster and easier to use…
You need to use the fab plugin within your project (In UE, go to Window > Fab). This will open a fab tool within UE where you have the option to directly add the materials and textures to your project, just as you did with Quixel (good old times :-). For those on 5.5, the fab plugin should be already enabled. Older versions might need to have the plugin added (just look for fab in your library).
They have Quixel Bridge pre-installed with every UE install
They take new users on a wild goose chase offering “All Quixel Megascans for free” through “Unreal Unlimited”, they congratulate us for subscribing, they let us “see” all the assets and we can never download them for free (as Unreal Unlimited, which they congratulated us on joining, claims).
You get a “Get it on FAB” button instead of Download (Use, Add, I don’t know what the button should say because it’s gone forever) → it takes you to, get this, a broken Quixel site filled with dead end traps and support/help forms that don’t work (unless you do some JS magic in DevTools) and their support is acting dumb, like they got no idea what’s happening.
In other words, they are lying to new users, wasting their time while all these juicy “free” promised assets are ultimately “Reference UEFN” (unusable in Unreal Engine) or $3-4 a pop.
I think there is grounds for a lawsuit here, especially since I personally subscribed around 20 times to “Unreal Unlimited” and was welcomed each time and promised all Quixel assets for free, NEVER RECEIVING ANYTHING, NEVER BEING ABLE TO USE ANYTHING.