Fab's Integrations for Unreal Engine 5 and UEFN are live

The Fab UE5 integration is now live and the UEFN integration is back up and running!

Creators have had access to the Fab library right inside Unreal Editor for Fortnite (UEFN) since last year and can now use the Unreal Engine 5 integration to add content from Fab into UE5 projects, too. The UE5 integration allows you to easily create with Unreal Engine, FBX, GLB, and glTF file formats. The UEFN integration lets you build worlds with referenced content that is optimized for UEFN.

Note: The ability to drag and drop Fab content from My Library within the UE5 and UEFN integrations is currently unavailable. We are working to re-enable this functionality and hope to share an update soon. In the meantime, you can add anything from your library into UEFN by clicking the Add to Project button. You may also drag and drop free assets into your project from Search results.

3 Likes

Does the Engine need an update? I don’t see it in plugins.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

What is the FAB UE5 integration?

Ok it’s a plugin

6 Likes

This still doesn’t work how are ya messing up this badly people are in the middle of projects and ya launch this Just bring back the Marketplace at thid point

EPIC L

UPADETE i was abled to get it working but i had to uninstall everything launcher n all and reinstall just for the plugin to show up

1 Like

to everyone that might think it’s not showing up, HIT THE REFRESH icon next to where it says FAB LIBRARY,

It’s a plugin, don’t know why they can’t state this.

1 Like

thanks for the tip!

Anybody got a link to this plugin on Fab? the search is still broken and I just can’t find it anywhere :expressionless:

(post deleted by author)

hit the refresh icon next to FAB Library, then it worked for me in the search.

1 Like

yeah it took me deleting the launcher n reinstall for it show up

but what about the unmigrated assets from the marketplace Epic said that they will automatically migrate them they selves we possibly can see old UE marketplace assets be lost if Epic or the sellers don’t migrate them

ah yea… I understood from that cited post above that I have to first find this plugin on fab.com and get it there. But it’s just there and no need to claim it, just install to engine from Epic Launcher.

Edit: for clarity.

Thanks for the help! But I will have to wait for the issues to be done.

Epic Games Launcher for Linux when?

2 Likes

There’s still no Linux version yet?

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Hi everybody! Apologies for any confusion finding and installing the plugin.

For new readers of the thread, if you’re unable to find the Fab plugin in Unreal Engine:

1. Make sure you have updated to the latest version of the Epic Games launcher.
  2. In the launcher’s Library tab, scroll down to Fab Library to find the Fab UE Plugin. You can search ‘Fab’ via the Search option for quick access.

1. Select ‘Install to Engine’ to install the plugin

2. Within Unreal Engine, open the Fab plugin via the Window menu under “Get Content”

3. Start adding content from Fab directly into your UE5 projects!

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

I have a problem with downloading something new from FAV:
“To access Unreal Engine files, add the asset to your Library.”
I Added to library, but the download doesn’t start. What’s the problem?

1 Like