Fab: List of Known Issues at Launch

We’re aware of a few things that aren’t working as expected – thank you for your patience as we work on improving these items post launch.

Ratings

1. Ratings do not appear on a product’s listing page until that product has received 5 or more ratings. This is the expected behavior. Because of this, buyers who submit a rating for a product before that product has received 5+ ratings will not see their rating instantly reflected on the product’s listing page. However, their rating will be taken into account when it comes to the overall product rating that will appear on the product page after the minimum ratings threshold is met.

Catalog search

1. We are fine tuning Search to improve the accuracy of results.

Product upload

1. If you are a publisher and attempt to upload a product file with non-Latin characters in the filename, the listing will get stuck during publishing. As a workaround, we recommend restricting filenames to Latin characters.

Quixel Megascans

1. After you claim all Megascans, you can access them from the Quixel profile on Fab, but they will not be added to My Library at this time. We’re working on a solution to add all of your claimed assets to My Library as soon as possible.

Currency display

1. Prices that you see on listing pages are set according to the language and locale from which you are viewing Fab (e.g., English would display listing prices in US Dollars). Once you have added a product to your cart, however, the price will display according to the billing country indicated on your Epic Games account. So for example, if the site is set to Spanish but you are located in the United Kingdom, the checkout flow will display prices in Great British Pounds.

My Library limitations

1. Currently it is not possible to remove products from My Library.
  2. You can filter by listing type but you cannot currently filter by category in My Library.

UE and UEFN integrations

1. Plugins and Projects that you acquire may appear in the Fab integrations but if you attempt to install those file types from the Fab integrations using the Add to Project button, you will encounter an error. Plugins and Projects must be installed from your Epic Vault. We will replace the current button to prevent encountering an error state.
  2. The Fab integration in UEFN is undergoing maintenance and will be back online shortly, and the Fab integration in the Unreal Engine 5 Editor is coming soon.
7 Likes

Some users are experiencing issues logging in to Fab. We’re deploying an update soon that will fix the issue.

5 Likes