How do I make foliage blow in the wind when the camera is far away?

I am a new unreal user. I am building a scene for an animated video. My scene is a large field with a lot of foliage. I have used assets from assorted Project Nature packs. The meshes have a wind animation built into the material and it is enabled. If I open the static mesh in the editor, it moves as I would expect it to but when it is in my scene, it only moves when the camera is very close to it. I have done a few test renders to make sure it wasn’t just limiting the scene preview since it is pretty heavy but none of the foliage moves in the render either. Is there a way to have all the foliage blow in the wind even when the camera isn’t super close to it?

Hi, normally all static meshes will have lods (level of details) and will switch between lods based on distance. Different lods can have different materials. So if a certain lod doesn’t have the wind animation in the material anymore, then if your camera is so far away that the mesh switches to that lod you won’t see the wind animation anymore. If that is your problem, then you can decrease the lod screensize (increasing the distance from the camera when this lod will appear) or change the material that lod uses. Ofc that will have negative impact on your performance.

After looking at one of my meshes I think this is exactly my issue. Thanks!