How can I remove jagged edges from texture tiled over multiple instanced static meshes?

I have created an actor BP which will generate a grid of Hexagon shaped Instanced Static Meshes. The purpose of this grid will eventually be to create a randomly generated hex grid map. However, since each instance of an instanced static mesh must have the same material as all of the others, I decided to make a material that would span a single image over all of the meshes to create one large image.

So far, I have been successful. I can span the image over all of the meshes. However, the resulting image has very jagged lines throughout (even though the original image does not).

I was wondering what I would need to do to get the image to be smooth, with no jaggedness.

I am not exactly a whiz with the material editor, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Here is a screen shot of the material network:

And here is the resulting image:

Thanks in advance,

Did you try to set up your material as World Aligned, using the size of your mesh as the size of the texture ?
You’ll probably need to make some adjustments due to the units but it may work. It lets you setup a texture (note : use a texture object in material editor) aligned with the world axis.

A HA!
This is what I was looking for! THANK YOU. It appears that all the above mumbo jumbo that I did was a waste of time and energy. Didn’t know that there was already a function which did pretty much what I was trying to do.

I did end up using WorldCoordinate3Way because it accomplished more of what I was going for, but I would not have even known it existed without your comment… so, Thank you thank you thank you!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:
There is a guy who made a world aligned rotator/offset node too, right there : Material Function - World Aligned Texture/Normal With offset & Rotation. - Community Content, Tools and Tutorials - Unreal Engine Forums (downladable function to add to your blueprint).