High Quality Terrain Asset Pack & Tutorial Series

Next one, Almost done now :slight_smile:

Ocean Islands VOL 1:

http://www.badlamagames.com/Images/OceanIslands1.jpg

Preview PDF download: Ocean Islands VOL 1

http://s8.postimg.org/xph51269d/Bad_Lama_Badgesmall.png

Uhhhhh Houston we have a problem. Today is the day i was sending the final 125 maps of to Epic UK, so tonight i had compiled UE4 4.5.1 ready to update all my example scene’s within each 5 of the packs (3 per pack) ready for people to dive in to the examples.

Now i have a major problem ongoing, Ive updated all the test scene’s to UE4 4.5.1 and can’t go backwards but when i open my maps with 4.5.1 the following is what i get, It’s all Kinds of messed up!. Aghhhhh, only could happen to me the day i was to send off. ******* bollocks, I get the same when loading the epic terrain example map, also the desert driving example is broken and the terrain textures are all kinds of messed up. Can people watch the vid and let me know if they are getting any similar issues with 4.5.1.

NEED TO FIND SOME RESOLUTION IMMEDIATELY, I can’t delay my asset packs any further or ill be homeless next month. ****.

[;166362]
Uhhhhh Houston we have a problem. Today is the day i was sending the final 125 maps of to Epic UK, so tonight i had compiled UE4 4.5.1 ready to update all my example scene’s within each 5 of the packs (3 per pack) ready for people to dive in to the examples.

Now i have a major problem ongoing, Ive updated all the test scene’s to UE4 4.5.1 and can’t go backwards but when i open my maps with 4.5.1 the following is what i get, It’s all Kinds of messed up!. Aghhhhh, only could happen to me the day i was to send off. ******* bollocks, I get the same when loading the epic terrain example map, also the desert driving example is broken and the terrain textures are all kinds of messed up. Can people watch the vid and let me know if they are getting any similar issues with 4.5.1.

NEED TO FIND SOME RESOLUTION IMMEDIATELY, I can’t delay my asset packs any further or ill be homeless next month. ****.
[/QUOTE]

Are you using world compostior? If so I will try and replicate it on my end. :slight_smile:

Just the normal terrain tool, All i did is open the scene’s with no changes in anyway from the last build i was using. Even epic’s terrain example is doing the same thing.

[;166364]
Just the normal terrain tool, All i did is open the scene’s with no changes in anyway from the last build i was using. Even epic’s terrain example is doing the same thing.
[/QUOTE]

Do you have multiple terrain sections? Just curious here as I am trying to replicate it on my end.

Hey King…
First off, I would like to tell you I hope that you don’t end up on that park bench and I hope that you are felling better.

Secondly, I would like to thank you for taking the time, and effort to add all that you have to the pack you are offering. Being new to Unreal, I have pulled what little hair out I have to try and get my brain around the engine. I started out in TGE then TGEA then T3D from GG. I found unreal by accident one day. Hence it was the engine used to create my favorite MMO I have ever played… I decided to switch to UE 4 to try and build a game. Your work on pack will make a world (Please pardon the pun here. was not intended.) of difference to me.

Content and teaching in one bundle? WOOOHOOOO and I thought watching and the other two guys was entertaining and informative on the videos they have done. I really look forward to your pack. I think I have the spare dough to get the pack before November 1st. If not, I will get it by December 1st. Please make certain you have an outlet installed under the park bench if it comes to that.

And last but not least… Have you all noticed drinks a ton of water on those videos (He might be part Camel), Nick never looks at the camera as he talks to us and has funny shadow thing or beard like thing, that is crooked under his chin?
I love link I refer back to it ALL the time to help me learn the UMG.

I hope your tuts are as cool as the link I posted here.

(Nick, more clickin, as you guy talk about UE please. I have leaned more about UE 4.5 on that one video that I have any other 3 sources of info. Well, ok… clickin is fine… I just have to pause more in watching the video. :slight_smile:
)

been redoing the sample levels for the asset packs after 4.5.1 broke the old ones, 4 more to go then building the adnavnced terrain shader versions im im done. All is being sent of the Epic UK on monday no matter what!

Cheers J

Just playing around with different post process settings and environmental controls for different stylised to bundle with the map examples, one i was working on setup of a flight simulation style camera and lighting effect.

Also the low frame rate is nothing to do with the map, it runs fine. I use a free screen capture software called studio that can only capture at about 10fps wih running the UE4 engine at the same time.

Also forgot to add is a fully Dynamic lit scene. Uses movable directional light, Movable sky light (No LPV, It’s naff in my opinion at point). Distance field AO and ray traced shadows activated. No terrain lightmass interaction at all in example.

Looks great King!

[;169478]

Also the low frame rate is nothing to do with the map, it runs fine. I use a free screen capture software called studio that can only capture at about 10fps wih running the UE4 engine at the same time.
[/QUOTE]

Download and try OBS (Open Broadcaster Studio), it’s free and you can use it to create flv/mp4 videos or live stream, with adjustable quality up to 60fps (youtube won’t allow it though). It works great, and you can even overlay video on video using multiple captures, I usually get a 1-2 fps drop while it is running, nothing compared to fraps/camstudio. :slight_smile:

Hey ,

Appreciate that mate, Great little bit of software. Unfortunately under windows 7 (or vista according to the help files) things are far slower. But still quicker than camstudio and better features with the main reason i used studio ITS FREE!. Map even on my naff system of i5 4GB ram, AMD HD5850 graphics card I get arounf 30-35 fps at Epic quality levels within the editor.

But un OBS that drops to around 13-16 fps (still better than what i was getting though). After all the issues when updating to 4.5.1 i rebuilt the example levels and hit another annoying bug. Once using only real-time settings the editor would crash every time i tried to save a level (AGHHHHHHH, Not again). But yesterday recompiled 4.5.1 AGAIN but with the hot fix code and now all is rainbows and unicorns within the editor (touch wood anyway). So im rebuilding the sample levels that i rebuilt after 4.5.1 killed everything the first time and hoping it’s 3rd time lucky :). Should get everything sent of Wednesday. Been such a mission. Cheers J

[;170675]
Been such a mission. Cheers
[/QUOTE]

Hang in there man! I know it must be frustrating after all the struggles, but I check the market each week hoping to see your hard work. I know I’m not alone and can’t wait to get it. Please don’t give up!!

Sorry if I missed - only have time to skim the responses. Are you still trying to sell on the marketplace as one 50GB file? If so, why don’t you submit them onto the marketplace like you’re currently showing them on forum thread - based on geologic classification? It seems financially better to split them up as well. You could charge something like $100 for 50 terrains, where not many people would purchase due to the higher price tag (and the fact that they probably won’t use all types of terrains you package), or you could charge something like $40 per environment, where each environment (like islands) has roughly 10 maps. I’d buy that pack immediately and most likely buy a second pack (grasslands probably) down the road for another $40. It would also split up the crazy huge file size that no one wants to download.

I really want those island landscapes, but even more than that, I hope I don’t have to pay $100 and download 50 gigs of data just to use 10 of the 50 landscapes you’re including. :expressionless:

Hey ,

I was never trying to sell as one 50gb file, that was the problem. I wanted the 50 terrains sold under one price but being able to download the terrain packs (5 at that point) one at a time so not to put customers off but unfortunately epics market code only allowed for multiple pack purchases under one price IF you downloaded all of them at the same time (50GB) which i made clear was not an option.

The only reason i was willing to sell the 50 terrains so cheap was because a) I want to help the community of indies on here like me and b) because to make it worth the effort of 4-5 months of work i would have to sell for at least $40 after Epic take 30% and pass tax onto me which they take immediately. If i tried selling the 5 packs at $9-10 each the amount of sales i would have to make would be unrealistic (as like you said you may only like certain maps, you would get a great deal and i would never make a penny. And i started in the first place to try to cover debts of £8000 after being ill for 12 months to try to avoid being evicted by 14th December, Now after all the delays in getting on-line it’s more like £9500.)

So after talking with Epic staff im going to have to sell the 5 terrain style packs separate at $40-45 each pack. But instead of getting just 10 maps per pack ive pushed myself hard to provide better value, instead of 10 maps per pack your get 20-25 per pack ($40-45). So over all the 5 packs if you bought all 5 you would get 125 terrains rather than the original 50 planed. Felt i needed to add extra value for my fellow Indies after being forced into selling separate packs rather than one. Been braking my neck to get the best deal i can for people, but if i don’t make some decent sales (100 minimum) in November it wont matter ill be on the street. Need people to help me out with , and lets face it your not getting a bad deal.

If i manage to survive, The community can guarantee ill be an ever ready force for value content for the future to help out my fellow devs.

Cheers J

[;171265]
Hey ,

I was never trying to sell as one 50gb file, that was the problem. I wanted the 50 terrains sold under one price but being able to download the terrain packs (5 at that point) one at a time so not to put customers off but unfortunately epics market code only allowed for multiple pack purchases under one price IF you downloaded all of them at the same time (50GB) which i made clear was not an option.

The only reason i was willing to sell the 50 terrains so cheap was because a) I want to help the community of indies on here like me and b) because to make it worth the effort of 4-5 months of work i would have to sell for at least $40 after Epic take 30% and pass tax onto me which they take immediately. If i tried selling the 5 packs at $9-10 each the amount of sales i would have to make would be unrealistic (as like you said you may only like certain maps, you would get a great deal and i would never make a penny. And i started in the first place to try to cover debts of £8000 after being ill for 12 months to try to avoid being evicted by 14th December, Now after all the delays in getting on-line it’s more like £9500.)

So after talking with Epic staff im going to have to sell the 5 terrain style packs separate at $40-45 each pack. But instead of getting just 10 maps per pack ive pushed myself hard to provide better value, instead of 10 maps per pack your get 20-25 per pack ($40-45). So over all the 5 packs if you bought all 5 you would get 125 terrains rather than the original 50 planed. Felt i needed to add extra value for my fellow Indies after being forced into selling separate packs rather than one. Been braking my neck to get the best deal i can for people, but if i don’t make some decent sales (100 minimum) in November it wont matter ill be on the street. Need people to help me out with , and lets face it your not getting a bad deal.

WHEN i manage to survive, The community can guarantee ill be an ever ready force for value content for the future to help out my fellow devs.

Cheers J
[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Chin up, shoulders back. Thank you for your commitment and the value you bring to community. :smiley:

isn’t necessary, but I applaud your support for the community.

Do you want my money now or when the packs are ready? I will definitely buy all these packs … to help you and to save myself from having to create some of the terrains on my own. 8-}

I hope everything works out okay for you and I am looking forward to these packs hitting the marketplace.

What are you waiting for…

halolz--com-futurama-thelegendofzelda-shutupandtakemyrupees.jpg

[;159159]
just noticed the 50 Terrain pack is now listed on Trello. Please go and vote for it! Cheers J

50 High Quality Terrains & Video Tutorials for $45
[/QUOTE]

Hi, I am interested in purchasing pack but I was wondering if it was compatible with 4.4? Thanks

Hey Zatoi, Unfortunately the original plan to release that pack was impossible after talking with Epic market place devs there was no possibility of releasing 1 pack with multiple downloads (they would all have to be downloaded at the same time 50GB in size, which could never happen due to download times that would put most people off the idea of purchase and also killing Epics bandwidth for other market place downloads).

Hence why there will now be 5 Separate download packs with 20-25 terrains per pack for $40-45 each. But each one of the 5 packs will come complete with the start to finish video tutorial series in case people only want to purchase 1 pack they still get the full tutorial series complete.

Almost forgot to answer you question about 4.4, As part of a pre requisite Epic asked me for example maps so things are drag and drop capable(which i raised the point, Why. As the tutorial series shows how to get things done your self from scratch in ANY UE4 build and by having to provide example maps pushed file size up massively but anyone not using that build number would be unable to use the example maps).

But what Epic wants Epic gets, Maps are 4.5.1 format but all the original art assets and textures are usable in any build or any offline or real-time game engine not just UE4. If you can’t get the latest builds just follow my tutorials to import and create the landscapes your self within any build you have. Even from start to finish you can get any of the map types from scratch into engine within 10-15 minutes.

They will be available for download on Market place VERY soon. Ill keep people updated.

Cheers J

hi
so when will the terrains be releasing on the marketplace?:slight_smile: