Hiding actor lights from the reflections

Okay so i have a situation where i need to hide my actual actor from the reflection that is lighting up the scene but not the mesh with the emissive material, any way to do that?

UE5 Lumen.

Hello StarGlazer,

I took a look at this, and I think zeroing out the ‘Specular Scale’ on your rect light might be the solution

Let us know if that solves it for you. Welcome to the forums!

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for the investigation. But as you can see changing this value to zero also causes some lighting to go away and the scene itself looking like plastic.

Ah yeah, I really see it on the chairs. (I tried placing that cone in mine to make sure that lighting was consistent) Maybe the chairs are making use of the ‘Specular’ material channel and are losing lighting info.

I will recommend you to place the lights where light fixtures are located in the scene, this will not only solve your reflection issue but will also contribute to scene realism as light will feel more in sync with the room layout, not having in account practical lights is a common mistake when lighting photoreal scenes, i know it is also a common practice in gaming to put fill lights all over the place but if it’s not made with caution it’ll lead to scenes that look “too CGI” or even these reflections artifacts.

1 Like

Thank you guys for the advises, will continue to optimize and work on my project. Looks like there is really no way to disable just that reflection. I will soon post progress on how i managed to finish the work.

So the Yamil’s advice was the solution to this, I really should stick with the logic.

1 Like

Glad you were able to solve it! don’t forget to mark the issue as closed!