Help Please Error Packaging Project

I want to pack my project to check how it looks as a game but i have this stupid error that cannot be found on YT or even in Google please help me with this i am a new to the Engine world so i cant understand hard words since also i am not good in english

This is Error :

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogInit: Display: LoadErrors: Error: Collision Profile settings do not include an entry for the Water Body Collision profile, which is required for water collision to function. Add entry to DefaultEngine.ini?

4 Likes

Hey there @x2lovi! Welcome to the community! Sounds like the water plugin failed to generate the collision profile in the DefaultEngine.Ini when it was imported! So we can just pop that back inside there and that should allow the build to run.

So head on over to your project folder, then Config → DefaultEngine.Ini and scroll on down to wherever your collision profiles start roughly around line 200 for my project but it varies. It’ll look a bit like this (I’m using notepad++ for this example but any text editor will do).

[/Script/Engine.CollisionProfile]

Then add this line on it’s own line but under that header, Save, then restart the engine and let me know how it goes!

+Profiles=(Name="WaterBodyCollision",CollisionEnabled=QueryOnly,bCanModify=False,ObjectTypeName="",CustomResponses=((Channel="WorldDynamic",Response=ECR_Overlap),(Channel="Pawn",Response=ECR_Overlap),(Channel="Visibility",Response=ECR_Ignore),(Channel="Camera",Response=ECR_Ignore),(Channel="PhysicsBody",Response=ECR_Overlap),(Channel="Vehicle",Response=ECR_Overlap),(Channel="Destructible",Response=ECR_Overlap)),HelpMessage="Default Water Collision Profile (Created by Water Plugin)")

18 Likes

Hey. I have this line already in DefaultEngine.ini, but it still says same error.

2 Likes

Hey there @Protodyyd! Welcome to the community! Is it the exact same water profile? If possible could you back up your project, and try disabling the water plugin then reimporting it and try it once more? Generally plugin added profiles sometimes cause issues during import.

If it doesn’t work, I’m thinking it’s possible that it’s looking for a specific number, but I believed the system itself was agnostic about where it was in the profile as long as it’s syntax was correct.

Let me know how it goes!

1 Like

Hey @SupportiveEntity ive tried disabling and reimporting the water plugin. still having no luck with this issue

Hey there @anonymous_user_3d920fea1! Welcome to the community! Usually I’d recommend creating a new post over in the Q&A section but the site is undergoing a bit of maintenance on it’s categories right now. So we can keep rolling on this thread for the moment since it’s still relevant.

Is yours looking for the water layer as well?

hey sorry didnt see this reply.
yes that is correct

Hrm, alright, so it’s not looking for an updated channel. Did the builds work previously or was it failing from the first try in this new project? Could you try opening a brand new project, adding water, slapping an ocean down then building out? (I promise this is relevant)

Hey @SupportiveEntity I had the same problem and disabling and reimporting the water plugin fixed it for me, just wanted to say thanks for the help.

1 Like

Hey there @GamingWithDevin! Welcome to the community! I’m glad the fix worked for you, every bit of information is a good data point for me when it comes to these types of col channel issues. If I may ask, your issue was on a fresh project as well correct?

I’ve just had same error in a fresh project. Disable, restart, enable, restart did not fix it. In my case the DefaultEngine.ini did not have a section headed [/Script/Engine.CollisionProfile] at all, so I tried adding that along with the WaterBodyCollision lines and it fixed it, yay!

Can’t help wondering if the plugin is looking for that section to add the line to and couldn’t find it!?

1 Like

Hey there @Goobshyte1! Welcome back to the community! So generally the project’s collision channels should be set up in that folder the first time the project itself launches. Then when the water plugin is added it looks in there for that path and adds it. So the issue is likely in whatever mechanism plugins are using to add the collision channels or the creation of the ini file itself. Either way a report’s been summitted! Thanks for the info!

The script thing worked for me. I went to the line 200 paste [script…] thing and then on the second line i paste the other lines. Thank you now i can finally float the boat

1 Like

Thank you, I added the input script to Baseengine.ini file and the error fixed !

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I just remove the WaterBodyCollision line and paste your script. and it works. Before the collision of water is like a box, and after that paste now it works like a real water collision. this is a great help for me. :grinning:

1 Like

Salut, j’ai ce problème à actuellement mais je ne sais pas de quel partie à quel partie je dois enlever la ligne, tu pourrais me dire stp ?

The collision profile settings do not include an input for the water plane collision profile, which is required for water collision to work

1 Like

hey there i opened the DefaultEngine.Ini and there is no line that says /Script/Engine.CollisionProfile in fact theirs nothing about collision !

1 Like

Hey there @avrahams_nose! This is referring to the DefaultEngine.ini that is under your ProjectFolder/Config

Have you started the project at least once?

Is the water plugin installed?

Hey there @Curtis_04! Welcome to the community! It can be added in any portion of the area under [/Script/Engine.CollisionProfile]. You generally delete any older entries for the water system, they’d look the same as the reference above, but possibly with a minus instead of a plus symbol.

Salut @Curtis_04 ! Bienvenue dans la communauté ! Il peut être ajouté dans n’importe quelle partie de la zone sous [/Script/Engine.CollisionProfile]. Vous supprimez généralement toutes les entrées plus anciennes pour le système d’eau, elles ressembleraient à la référence ci-dessus, mais éventuellement avec un signe moins au lieu d’un symbole plus.

1 Like

Their is a small underlined clickable comment right after the error you can click on in 5.1 that will generate the lines required inside DefaultEngine.ini

4 Likes