Helium Rain - A realistic space opera for PC

Here’s some more !

Helium Rain is now on Steam Greenlight !

http://i.imgur.com/cSVQciW.png

For those who don’t know Greenlight yet - it’s the game submission system we have to use to get the game on the Steam platform. Games that gather enough votes get to be published on the Steam platform alongside regular titles.

We need your help to get Helium Rain published. If you want to see the game on Steam, you can vote for us, talk to your friends about the game, share our page, or just retweet us…

Here’s our latest trailer. Everything is ingame content.

Thank you for following the project !

We’re still on Steam Greenlight - we’re now in the Top 20 games ! Thanks for those of you who helped :slight_smile:

http://i.imgur.com/cSVQciW.png

We’re also working on the UI. Here’s a shot of our settings menu with the dark theme. The player can activate a dark and light version of the background in different menus.

Hi guys !

We’re still doing great on Greenlight, still in the Top 20 and climbing. Thank you all !

We’ve been working on some fun stuff. Here are some damage effects…

And a nice family shot !

Aaaaand we’re Greenlit !

Congratulations! Looks great.

Working on a cockpit system - that’s how it will feel like to fly a fighter.

Our final cockpit system in glorious 4K !

This is looking really nice so far, I have some suggestions…I hope you don’t mind.

1. The font on the displays - I think it’ll look nicer with a more ‘sci-fi looking’ font although this may make it harder to read…your call.
  2. On the displays you have some things where each word begins in upper case such as ‘Hull Temperature’ and ‘Artemis Turret’ whereas others don’t follow this such as ‘Standing down’ and ‘Current target’ It’ll make a difference visually if they were all consistent.
  3. I’d personally add more visual atmosphere around the planets.

In any case, you’ve got my vote…This is looking really good!!

:slight_smile:

Artemis Turrent could be correct if the title of a thing. eg “buy our new Artemis Turrent ™”.

Otherwise, love the attention to detail. Even the triple-A outfits are sending out some rough use of english. Noticed the use of “there’s” in place of “there are”? Predictive-text-correction shouldn’t be entirely relied upon…

Thank gou guys ! We’ve updated the atmospheres among other things.

This looks stunning!!

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the User Interface too!

Thanks a lot @TheJamsh !

We’re still polishing the UI but it’s mostly done, all in Slate and C++. Here’s one of the latest menus - the black vs blue background is a user setting, btw.

Here are some more shots from the game !

Too cartoonish at this stage.

Any blender tips or tutorials that you’d recommend? Your ships and stations are looking really good.

This “devlog” totally has convinced me: Slate really is much better than UMG :slight_smile:

Thanks ! I did a breakdown of my process here which mostly covers the shading setup. The modeling itself is pretty basic, I try to mix large flat surfaces with small details.

I do need to warn you, then : we have 20 000 lines of code just in UI :smiley:

How did you get PBR in blender?

Custom fork or something else?