HAL Archviz Toolkit - Marketplace submission

Still being released today?

it’s up! :cool:

What’s the displaying process for the floor plan? Is is showing a top view of the set or is it actually “cutting” at 4 feet? Also, will this tool support geometries imported from /sketchup?

Hey , I am a Rhino user as well, just wanted to know if you import directly from Rhino to UE4?, I am going from Rhino to 3ds Max and basically remodelling most meshes as from Rhino they are too triangulated. I have to do the original models in Rhino as my work need the CAD functionality that it has.

Hi,dorianv,I bought ur files on marketplace.And I found I couldn’t use any of the shortcut key,For example I couldn’t hide the interface with Tab ,Couldn’t move with Q and E ,Also X and C ,But the demo is all right.Thank you, perfect product.

07c1c4491c33ab9d503d6fb4f04bc233229794a6.jpeg

I’m getting the same problem but with camera options also, rest of it work alright

I had answered his question on the Marketplace forum, didnt see his post here.

xsh20111031 - Thanks for purchasing. It looks like you migrated the content into a project. In order to have the key bindings work correctly, you will need copy the config folder also.

Close your project, copy the config folder located at C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\Launcher\VaultCache\HALArchvizToolkit into your project folder. Then restart your project. That should do it. If you have any other issues, please send an email to support@halvr.com

Thanks again!

If you don’t want to copy the entire config folder ( you might have your own config in your project you can also just open HAL project , go to project settings > input > export ( will do a backup) and then just import the inputs in your project.

Has anyone had trouble with big meshes like floor and changing material? and found a way to get it working properly.

Here is the problem I’m getting

If I set the floor as my carpet material as the first material instance it works fine

If I don’t and change it from a wooden floorboard or tile to the carpet it looks like this

Looks like a texture streaming issue. What size is your carpet texture? Try reducing it. You could also try changing the texture’s Mip Gen settings to none.

More info on Mip Gen settings here.

1024x1024 was the size of the texture, I’ve changed the textures MIP gen settings to none and that seemed to have worked.

Thanks for your quick response, loving the tool BTW.

Hi Guys,
Great set of tools!

I have one question. Is it possible to rotate the plan by a fixed amount and have it remain aligned with the POIs and player Icon? I would like to keep my building at an angle and have the plan straight.

I’ve tried a few things like adjusting elements of the hud, adjusting the map angle variable in BP_LocatorMap, etc but the Player icon and POIs become misaligned.

HI DORIANV,it’s me~i asked some questions some days ago on unrealengine forums~~after that i put the “input.ini” in the demo import into my porject then the problems solved!BUT…when i use BP EDITABLE OBJECT,the mesh is ok in ur demo but not in my project!!it confused me a lot ,do i need to set up path or wot? god i am totally in love with this ,it is sooooo cooool for INTERIOR Design!!!
c3bd900ff8a70e9592ece2844088fa09a5744748.jpeg

dsmunro: Do you mean you’d like the plan to line up with an angled building and remain straight on the ui? If so, you should be able to just rotate the map blueprint in the 3d viewport to line up with it. If you want it to show up at an angle in the ui though, I’m not sure if we have that functionality built in at the moment and I’d need to double check.

xsh: Do you have any collision on your mesh? The editable object needs collision to be detected, if you don’t have any, there should be an option auto generate collision in the details panel of the blueprint, let me know if that works for you.

Was there an changelog for the recent update?

Was it just the update for the postprocessing changed or where there other changes as well?

Also is it possible to change the rotation of a secondary mesh? For example i have a mesh which I change to another, but the rotation needs to be changed on about a 90 degree or so angle, is this possible?

Hey Imsopov. The recent update mostly fixed issues that were being caused from converting the project to 4.9. That included the postprocessing issue as well as the sorting issue for the depth of field slider and some text formatting issues that were occurring on the tutorial. Right now, I think the only way to get varying mesh rotations on the editable object blueprint would be to import a version of the mesh that’s rotated to the different orientation needed. Being able to change it in the object settings would be a good new feature to add though.

Hi dylantc,

I’d like to do the latter and alter the angle in the UI.
As is, the UI is showing the floorplan rotated by +90 degrees so north is facing east. It’s the same in your demo scene, the balcony for instance is facing east in the map but south in the UI.

If there’s anyone else wanting to do the same I have managed it by doing the following. It’s a bit hacky but it works.

Within the UIFloorPlan Widget I dropped the FloorPlanScaleContainer, PlayerPosition and PointOFInterestContainer into another canvas panel, made it a variable and did a Set Render Transform on it. I also added a transform variable to BP_LocatorMap which I’m referencing as I wanted to be able to have a different rotation per level.

images are saved in the “saved” folder of your project or build. HALArchvizToolkit\Saved\Screenshots

Press C to open the camera, Enter to snap a photo. Or on the Xbox contoller X to open the camera, B to snap a photo.

Hi,
I imported the tool in an existing project and also imported the config files from the demo.

Everything is working fine except that I can’t move the camera in the vertical axis, the horizontal axis is fine, it’s the same either that I use the keyboard or the joypad. In the project settings the axis are mapped correctly, I can’t figure what is wrong, would you have any suggestions? I have the feeling that I am missing something obvious, but can’t figure it out.

Thanks