Hello fellow Architects & Arch Viz Artits! I’d like to show everyone what we’ve submitted to the Marketplace. This is a copy of the post I did in the marketplace forum. I’m re-posting here because I’m not sure how many people check over there and I’d like to hear what you guys think.
HAL is proud to present the most powerful set of tools available for Architects and Archviz Artists looking to add interactivity and value to their UE4 visualizations. The HAL Archviz Toolkit was created to help Architects and Archviz Artists quickly implement this extremely powerful set of interactive features into their archviz projects. All of which have been designed by architects and tested by our clients to operate smoothly in real architectural projects. As architects, we know how precious time is … so every tool was designed from day one to minimize setup time. The HAL Archviz Toolkit has also been setup to work intuitively with keyboard & mouse or Xbox 360 controller.
The Core Components
- HUD with area for logo or branding
- Floor Plans : Mini-map of floor plans including real-time view of player location (support for multiple story buildings)
- Points of interest : Set points of interest in the editor and quickly access them from the HUD & floor plan mini-map
- Edit Mode : Quickly switch models and/or materials (i.e. Kitchen Cabinets & Countertops, Furniture, Wall colors or anything else you want to change)
- Camera Mode : Take high resolution screenshots in-game! Quickly change lens zoom/FoV + Depth of Field. (helps eliminate the need for additional V-ray renderings)
- Controller Modes : Walk or Fly (drone mode) thru your visualization.
- Tutorial Levels : Optional in-game tutorial for new users
- Easily & quickly hide any HUD elements allowing for a clear view of your visualization.
- Scene setup from real architectural project
- Models & materials (such as mirrors with perfect reflections)
- Blueprint Tutorials
HAL (Hoyt Architecture Lab) is the research and development arm of Hoyt Architects. We have been using UE4 to visualize our projects for a couple years now. Doing so has allowed us to figure out a lot of the questions, problems and workflows using UE4 (and real-time viz) in an architecture production environment … which, in turn, has allowed us to use the technology not just for marketing, but in early design phases as well.